My husband and I made reservations to stay for our anniversary. We did arrive early and were made to wait until exactly 10 minutes until 4 to get into our room on the 11th floor. We must have had the same room as the couple who wrote below. The ceiling near the AC was black from the air coming out of it. There were exposed pipes in the bathroom and the front of one of the cabinets in the bathroom was not attached properly. The AC did cool properly . The bed was comfortable, but not special. The pillows were a mix of a lot of worn out different kinds. They were all different sizes, sofeness, and shapes. They all appeared worn out. My children had ordered flowers through the hotel to be delivered to our room. We waited and waited and waited. We finally went to dinner. The flowers were sitting on the check-in desk down-stairs as if decorating it. The view from our room was beautiful. The food in the steakhouse was great, though I thought the service was a little too fast. We once had to tell them we were not through with the course we were eating. The Steakhouse has a dress code of resort casual which obviously means casual shorts and advertising t-shirts is OK. We were a little overdressed. Their cleaning service is non-existent. We stayed 2 days. We did not see anyone on our floor with a cleaning cart until 1p.m. even though check-out is 11am. By the time they got around to our room at 2:30 pm, I had already made the bed and wiped-up the bathroom. I just asked for clean towels. This is not way to run a hotel. I have stayed at numerous resorts like the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs , the Green Briar in West Virginia, the Grove Park in Asheville, etc. I know what I am talking about. My room rate for 2 nights was $524.70 before taxes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston