We stay over for Thanksgiving and whole reserved two rooms. The Good - even the lower level cheaper rooms had a nice of the water and beds were comfy and rooms good size and quiet. The Cafe was understaffed but the two servers we had both times tried very hard and were excellent (Juan and Luis I believe), and, the food was fresh and tasty. The bar outside and in had good bartenders, but again, not enough help as you waited a while.
The Bad - they didn't seem prepared for a busy weekend. Yes, check in isn't officially until 4pm, but at before 3 pm, all the generic host could say "rooms aren' ready yet, I'll call you". I got the impression a few minutes, perhaps 10-15; after half hour I asked again "Still not ready". ..."Ok, can you give me an estimate?" "No, but they 'know' room is supposed to be ready by 4pm". Oh ok. After eating we came back after 4pm. "Oh, one is ready, but not the other, sorry. You can go up to room that is ready, and then come down and get key for other which 'should be' ready". After 30 minutes later and 5pm "we are still waiting". Finally at 5:30 pm, room is ready and generic "sorry". I'm easy to please typically, but you could tell they needed more help, as others around me seemed to not be happy either. Check out the next day was quick, except for one problem one elevator not working and other two JAM packed. Simply getting to lobby as about a half hour wait.
Oh well, nice place, nice room, nice food, but....I came away thinking they were understaffed and some at front desk didn't how to communicate and or at least offer a free drink, or perhaps free parking to compensate.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. Ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston