We've been driving from Houston to Galveston for the San Luis Thanksgiving Brunch periodically for over 10 years. They've been worth every penny--easily one of the best around. This year, the brunch was held at the convention center--the venue was fine. But the quality of the food was so disappointing! Most of the traditional Thanksgiving food was really bland. The cornbread dressing was a mushy mess--and were those carrots in it? Please. Hard rolls only....what happened the softer yeast rolls option? Turkey and ham were ok. Better were the desserts, gumbo, omelettes, and mimosas. The new sushi offering was comparable to grocery store sushi--edible but sushi lovers should take a pass. Seafood tables of the past were much better without sushi attempt. Overall, not worth the money. I hope someone who works there who has had that buffet in past years ate there today. Maybe they can explain to management that it wasn't anywhere near the same. I have no doubt that they made some big behind the scenes food production changes--cooks? food suppliers? I don't know-- only they know what they changed. Whatever it was it was very noticeable and not in a good way. I do hope they return to their former awesome glory. I guess they moved to the convention center to be able to serve more people--but sadly, the quality has really, really suffered in that move. It's not special anymore. Maybe that's inevitable when quantity becomes the focus. We really love the San Luis--and always enjoy our stays at the hotel. But the Thanksgiving Brunch? Not so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston