My wife and I stayed here in October of 2012 for our honeymoon. This was the downside of our week. The pictures from outside were amazing, and it was instantly obvious that all the money goes to the outside of the resort. It was way overpriced for what you get. This is the first hotel I've ever stayed in that does not have a small refrigerator, so if you like to wake up to a cold energy drink, juice, or water, then prepare to make a lot of trips to the ice machine. My wife also noticed it's the only place she's ever stayed without a hair dryer. The resort isn't aware that everybody has phones or computers that need to be charged, and therefore finding an outlet to charge these things is quite the task, and you will have to choose which lamp to unplug once you find an outlet. The towels are like drying off with a rough carpet. We tried the Cafe inside for breakfast and for $40, after waiting about 30 minutes after ordering, we recieved our waffle and eggs that aren't even Mcdonald's quality (needless to say we didn't try any other meals there). The room is about 20 years past the point it needs renovation. I will say the staff is nice, the landscape is great, and the pool bar was very nice (though at $10 a drink it's also empty, go two blocks and drink for much cheaper). There is also a $300 charge to your bank account on top of what you pay for your room "just in case you charge something to the room" so be ready to have that money tied up and unavailable to you for your vacation, and returned AFTER your vacation. The tv picture looks like they sliced the cable about 50 times too much, but if you want to rent a movie with that kind of quality then it's only a mere $16 a movie. Great city to visit, nice beaches, but please stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The San Luis Resort, Spa & Conference Center is one of the Gulf Coast's finest beachfront properties offering a variety of luxury options. From Spa San Luis and the heated pool to its 40,000 sq. ft. IACC conference center and magnificent gulf views, it's an ideal destination for vacationers, business travel and corporate meetings. Our AAA Four Diamond rated resort offers the finest in award-winning dining, overnight accommodations and first-class personalized and professional service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The San Luis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Luis Resort Galveston Texas
- San Luis Hotel Galveston
- San Louis Hotel Galveston