“Very Comfortable Beds”

La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I had never stayed in a La Quinta before and knew they allowed pets, but didn't really consider what that would mean. When we walked into our room, the first thing we heard was a really large dog barking in the room behind us. I thought it would be okay and started to unload our luggage from the cart. However, the barking did not stop. I called the front desk and told them about the barking. I hate to complain, but I really needed a good night's sleep. The manager immediately said she would move us as far away as she could from this room. She brought up keys to the new room right away. I didn't hear a barking dog for the rest of the stay.

The room was very clean and the beds and pillows were unbelievably comfortable. It was the best night's sleep I had in the 3 different hotels we stayed at during our trip to Texas.

The bathroom appeared clean but smelled like urine. I think the flooring might need to be replaced.

The breakfast was good - hard boiled eggs, cereal, make your own waffles, bagels, yogurt, bread, muffins, coffee and juice.

There were a lot of families here and appeared to be a safe hotel. The rooms are open to the outside.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 10, 2010

Hotel room was newly decorated and clean. Gulf of Mexico was across the street and many restaurants were within walking distance. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was good but no meat or eggs...just boiled eggs. Staff was very friendly and check in was quick and easy. Will definately return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I stayed at this newly decorated La Quinta simply to get away for my birthday weekend. Gulf of Mexico was across the street and many restaurants were within walking distance. Beds were very comfortable. Did not eat the breakfast there because there is a Denny's in the same parking lot as the hotel. Staff was very friendly and check in and check out with quick and easy. Will definately return there soon for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We were in Galveston for my daughter's beach wedding. Since the beach house was holding the bridal party, my son & daughter-in-law and I stayed at La Quinta Inn. We booked at least 4 weeks in advance. The beds were the best I have ever slept in, the room was wonderfully cool, we had a microwave, fridge, blow dryer, table & chairs and our tv had great reception. The shower worked terrific, we had extra towels and the maid service was outstanding. On Friday we had awful weather, and Saturday the manager (who knew we were in for the wedding) came to talk to me about Saturday's weather predictions (way above the call of duty!). Even though we booked a back room, all I had to do was look around the corner to see the Gulf. Easy access to anything and everything. I will definately go back and would 100% recommend this as a top choice for a motel!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I found if i could book off the American Airlines site i could get bonus points to our account. I made it and was charged to my Discover card.( ,more points) We got here about 7pm and it was cold outside. The rooms must have been updated since the hurricane. Very nice beds and bedding. Bathroom was big. Very nice and good for the price. We had a view of the ocean but it was nasty outside. We ate the breakfast. Your standard breakfast. Very easy to get to the cruise port.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2010

the people at the desk were reasonably friendly,

BUT the room smelled strongly of stale tobacco smoke and altho the hotel claims to be non smoking, there were no signs at all on the doors of the rooms or any where in the rooms that smoking was not allowed.

AND i found an animal hair on the sheet. this is what a "pets allowed" policy can lead to!

on two counts this hotel failed to come up to a reasonable standard. i will NEVER stay in a pet friendly hotel again and will always check the room BEFORE i pay the fee to make sure the room is fresh and non-smoky.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fisheagle2513
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Stayed here Nov 1, $58 for a room with 2 doubles. Desk people were nice. Room was roomy and clean. #332 had a view of the Gulf through a somewhat small window. Some road noise as the door didn't seal real tight. The AC unit was a little on the loud side. Breakfast was okay. Crappy coffee. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple