“Great customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach

La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in Galveston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The suite was very roomy, price was fair, clean and convenient to the beach, but the only problem was the card keys would frequently not work so would have to go downstairs to reset them. I would go back because the value and location was worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We chose a suite at this hotel for us and our two Weims. Overall the hotel was decent. The suite we reserved had been remodeled and was plenty large for our us and our four legged "kiddos". The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. This LaQuinta still offers smoking rooms which were obvious as we walked down the breezeway to the stairs. The dog area was a 2x10' strip of grass without pet waste bags; but we did bring our own. We would stay here again if traveling with pets but would stay elsewhere if not.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I checked in 9-28-13 the staff was quick to let me know that 4.00pm was check in time and not 3pm as noted on my hotwire account, but they did get me in a room by 3:15 and were friendly enough. We checked into room 307 and I always check mattresses for bed bugs, 1st I noticed that neither bed had a mattress pad, just a sheet over the mattress which is a health violation, then along the seam in the mattress on the end of the headboard on both beds were alive and dead bed bugs, I took 5 of them down on a peice of paper to the lobby and ask for another room, the on duty manger when ask if the hotel had bed bugs told me they did not, when I ask if they had in the past she said they had but not at present...so I was given keys to room 310 just down the hall, again I inspected room and found the same thing, no mattress pads and bugs in bed, same location. I went down and ask for a refund. Hotwire moved me to another hotel which was in tx city 15 mins away but was clean nice and very pleasant. I called health inspector following week, and he returned a call to me later saying the rooms were both clean with pad on bed on no bugs, he said he was sure they knew he was coming, and had cleaned both rooms well...Just remember to check for bugs in this hotel and if you dont know how or what to look for there area many sites on here to check out, also after I checked several sites about this hotel, it has bed bugs reported very often so be aware before you stay here, you might be bringing home more than you paid for...

Room Tip: avoid the 300 rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank scdm100
Travelers also viewed these Galveston hotels
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seawall Inn & Suites by the Beach
Candlewood Suites Galveston
Candlewood Suites Galveston
#23 of 52 in Galveston
4.0 of 5 stars 131 reviews

Been to La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach

Property: La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach
Address: 1402 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550-8199
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#15 On the Beach Hotel in Galveston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, LaQuinta, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Galveston Hotel Galveston