“Great Location”

Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
New Boston, Texas
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed at this location because it is right across the street from the beach and on the seawall. Just down the street is the new boardwalk theme park being built and only a few miles from Schlitterbahn.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Patrick H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Sour Lake
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

Called for reservation, given one price, made reservation, showed up with family, cost more than any LaQuinta we've ever stayed. Not only was this a very old motel, it was a fairly scary place. We would not let our teenage boys outside without us. Will never stay here again. Very disappointed in LaQuinta for charging $179. per night for this motel. Walls too thin. Awaken by the man in next room peeing.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Fran B
camphill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

My husband and I were here for business. The hotel sits across from the beach, and it is a beautiful view from the room. It was so easy to cross the blvd. to get to the beach. Most all the resaurants are in walking distance and so are gift shops. We enjoyed our stay here. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone. The rooms are clean and nice size.The staff is so helpful and cheerful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank price2004
West Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

This La Quinta on on the east end of Seawall definitely ranks right up there with the best. We wanted an unobstructed view of the Gulf of Mexico and a place where we wouldn't be treated badly because we happen to travel with our beautiful little Siamese cat - Ella. I forgot to show my AAA card when I initially checked in, but a later visit to the front desk and the staff took care of everything and we got the lower rate with no hassle.
Our room was very clean and comfortable with a new flat screen LG tv. The elevator worked great to get our many bags upstairs. The decor was attractive and there were plenty of supplies. During our three day stay which included a weekend, we paid a different rate each night, but this was explained clearly upfront. We later checked other hotels and found the same pricing policy. Breakfast had plenty of choices even when we came down late.
Great views, nice well kept rooms and a hassle free pet policy is a real plus for this property.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south (Gulf of Mexico) on a high floor are the best.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheBiz2
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

Lots of great advantages: Great Location! (located right on the Seawall on about 14th St.)
Lots of nice restaurants, upscale or average, whichever you want) convenient stores, and souvenir places with walking distance. Seawall is more beautiful than ever.. with improvements happening all the time. A really great perk was that the parking all 7 days while we were on the Carnival Magic were free! I had 2 cars (family went too). You get one free parking for the week per room. Rooms were $90... They wanted $70 parking for the week at a parking facility. I know they don't do this all year long, so call before you book. My sister stayed at another and drove us, because at the time there was no shuttle. Cab rides up to 4 people were $15 they told me. They have 24 hour security that walk the premises the entire night so I was impressed and felt safe. Our cars were there right where we left them upon returning no scratches.
Breakfast was decent.. I had Texas sized waffles and cereal.. with lots of coffee and juice. All included. I figured this along with the parking, my stay was free technically .. :-) All in all my wife and her parents enjoyed this very much. It was New Year's Eve, and the fog was horrible driving to the store to get campaign that night.. but no complaints at all. The front desk people are so nice and willing to help you know matter what. They are honest and that means a lot to me. I would recommend this place to you because of price, location and service. The free cruise parking was just a treat.

Room Tip: $10 more for a Bay view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mattscards
San Angelo, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

This is not the Suites but the Older Property. It is very typical La Quinta. Outside entrances to parking lot--you like or you don't. However, the room was very nice--equal to some of the rooms at the La Quinta Suites.
Breakfast was decent. Price was definitely right. I paid about $59 +ttl for this room. Enjoyed going across the street to the beach the next morning and taking a walk on the beach before heading to the cruise terminal.
Have stayed at the LaQuinta in Webster since this trip and will likely stay in Webster again. I prefer the quiet/safety of the inside rooms and I did like the indoor pool. So I am forfeiting the beach right across the street for the more modern suite motel. Your choice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family