“Horrible Horrible Horrible!!”

Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
A TripAdvisor Member
“Horrible Horrible Horrible!!”
Reviewed June 11, 2003

I made a reservation at this hotel and paied $137.99 for the room. I came back later on that day to cancel my reservation, and the woman behind the desk had a person go check the room to make sure it was in order. She told me it was clean and that my reservation had been cancelled and that I WOULD NOT BE BILLED FOR IT. I was adamant in making sure that my reservation had been cancelled and that I would not be billed. Se assured me that I would not. So I left thinking everything was fine, and I made a reservation at the Comfort Inn & Suites, where by the way I could have gotten a suite for the same price of the La Quinta's rooms, where I paied $150 for a suite with a king-sized bed, a couch, a safe, a refrigerator, a microwave, a jacuzzi, and stand-in shower--thinking all that time that I would not be billed from the La Quinta. Well, guess what, I get home the next day and find out that I had been billed the $137.99 by the La Quinta Inn. I called the hotel to see what was going on, and the woman I talked to was very rude. She said that it was their policy not to cancel reservations after six, however, the woman behind the desk told me of no such policy. She said that there was nothing she could do for me, and I--as calmly as I could--said thank you, and she abruptly hung up without saying a word--no thank you, no anything. I will never stay in another La Quinta as long as I live, and furthermore, I will do everything in my power to expose the poor management that the La Quinta in Galveston has. Whoever sees this e-mail me and tell me what you think.

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 14, 2003

Our room was really clean and the staff was very helpful. They mentioned to us a room with an ocean view, which we took. We had a wonderful time. We got what we expected. However rather than the 35-50 dollars price range, we paid around 80$ for our room. (Check price before making reservation).

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travelers also viewed these Galveston hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Galveston Beach
Four Points By Sheraton Galveston
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Best Western Plus Seawall Inn & Suites By The Beach
Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel
Red Roof Inn Galveston - Beachfront/Convention Center

Been to La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach

Property: La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach
Address: 1402 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77550-8199
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#15 On the Beach Hotel in Galveston
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Quinta Inn Galveston East Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Galveston Hotel Galveston