“Nice room with a fantastic view of the ocean”

Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Was pretty worried at first hearing some mixed reviews on here. The hotels here in Galveston fill up quickly so book early. The Holiday Inn Resort was a really nice place to hang in Galveston for a few days. The bed was comfortable,AC was great,room and bath all clean and everything worked. Even the door to the small patio locked and closed unlike other beach view hotels we have been to before. The price is a little higher than what it should be compared to other beach towns. We were in room #822 and it was just what we needed for a pleasant rest. Staff we encountered were all kind and no hitches. Plenty of parking behind the building and a nice size pool. If we do decide to got to Galveston again this place would be in the running for a follow up visit for sure. Over all we were happy with this place and would recommend it to other friends and family members.

Room Tip: The higher floors offer the best views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bamboozler50
Richard S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We're glad you enjoyed your time in Galveston and certainly hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Galveston.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my daughters to enjoy the ocean, just having moved from Alaska. The room was nice, clean, we were treated well upon check-in, and it was quiet. However, the next morning, we were checking out, and a Sysco 18-wheeler smashed the trunk of my malibu! It was witnessed by the maintenance man who commented to me that he was lucky it didn't get his car parked next to mine! Police came out, report filed, Sysco said his trucker was too busy to come back to the hotel. Anyway, during the claim process, the manager, Mr. House wouldn't return my insurance company's phone calls, so I ended up paying $500 deductible for the claim, Sysco got off scot-free, and Mr. House, you are a small coward!!

• Stayed: September 2013

We value each of our reviews on TripAdvisor, however, we do not have an employee named Mr. House.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

The rooms were clean and the beds were soft. Had a wonderful view of the ocean and enjoyed the pool. Front desk personal was friendly. It was close to a lot of attractions so you didn't have to drive to far to get to them. It was in walking distance of entertainment and food places. Really enjoyed staying there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay with us. Glad to hear you enjoyed Galveston and we hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I love there pool and rooms they are great they have great room service i think they are the perfect place to hangout on vacition or for rommance for a honeymoon for a kids making all a's its perfect! you should try them out if you need a vacition they are perfect great amazing we loved them and the whole city we loved the trip so much we bought a nice beach right my them we love this hotel me amy 8 year old son and my husband

Room Tip: Rooms on the south are the best ones
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen P

We're so glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

The hotel is at a great location for the view of the Gulf as well as local restaurants. The rooms are a little dated but not bad at all. The folks at the front desk are very helpful and accommodating. The pool area is very nice for a refreshing dip in the water and some tanning. After a long day exploring the island this is a very nice hotel to relax at. It has bar, food, and it's clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the compliments on our staff and pool area. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I am so disappointed at how my family was treated here last weekend. I made a reservation weeks in advance (full price, nonrefundable), and then for good measure called the day of our reservation to inform the staff that although we would be arriving late, we were on our way. I was told that our room would be waiting for us. When we checked in, the night manager acted shifty as he punched on the computer, then proceeded to tell me that "unfortunately" our room wouldn't have much of a view. He was right; the view from our balcony was the top of the restaurant and the air conditioner units for the entire hotel. I had paid to see a view of the Gulf of Mexico. Instead, we were tucked in a dank corner room. The manager apparently had given away our room with a view and dumped this room on us. The manager was thoughtless and dismissive when we challenged him, and the day manager was equally patronizing and unwilling to help the following day. The Satisfaction Guarantee is a farce and empty words; Holiday Inn has zero intentions of making this right. I deliberately chose Holiday Inn, purposely avoiding discounts and deals on the Web and choosing to pay full price, specifically for the peace of mind of knowing our room would be nice, that we would get a view of the ocean, and simply put, that I would get what I paid for. I did my due diligence (and beyond) to ensure a good trip for my family, and I was taken advantage of. Holiday Inn took my nonrefundable payment, pocketed it, then doubled its money by selling my room to another family. Worst part was seeing how disappointed my 10-year-old daughter was, especially after I had touted Holiday Inn as a reputable company that we could trust.

Room Tip: If you book your room online and in advance, call the on-site desk staff before you arrive and speci...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank s w

We are disappointed to hear you were not satisfied during your recent stay and would like the opportunity to speak with you. If you will email ehimes@ldry.com we will reach out.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a 7th floor room and the view was great. The room was clean and fairly quiet. Holly helped me with checking in and checking out. Her customer service was exceptional. I appreciate her advice and helpful attitude. We are looking forward to a return trip and will be staying at this hotel again due to the view, location and quality.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing that Holly was very helpful during your stay- we will certainly share these comments with her. Thanks for taking the time to review you stay