Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
$207
$195
  • Pool
$135
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$224
$179
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$339
Comfort Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$149
$134
ComfortSuites
$299
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$218
$166
Hilton.com
$206
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$249
Travelocity
$199
$161
  • Restaurant
1,307 results
All reviewsacross the streethigher floorocean viewfree shuttlerainforest cafefridge and microwavesmall balconynice poolfamily vacationgulf of mexicoshuttle serviceseawall blvdcruise terminalheated poolsan luis resortspring breakpleasure pier
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were told upon check in that HI is an integral part of the San Luis Resort. Had a great time spending hundreds of $$$ at H2O, Landry's, & B Jiggers. Customer service was excellent at each location. Our family was horrified, however, when asked to leave the San Luis pool because that amenity is only for those staying at the San Luis. We explained that we were at the HI - part of the San Luis Resort. In addition there was hardly anyone at the pool. No go - we had to leave. Won't be giving another penny to HI or San Luis Resort.

• Stayed: February 2014
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your review. The San Luis Pool is available to our guests in the off-season but not on weekends or the spring break and summer season. I do apologize as you should have been able to enjoy the San Luis on this occasion. Please contact me directly at the hotel and we will accomodate your request for a future stay.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights prior to our cruise on Feb 7/14. The rooms were good and the bed and pillows were comfy. I loved balcony from our room and the view of the ocean. However, the bar was directly across the pool from our room and it is a popular bar for the locals. It has live music, which sounded great, but when you were trying to sleep at midnight, didn't appreciate the music or the people outside talking loudly. We kept the TV on and used ear plugs to block out the noise. The lobby gives ear plugs for free to guests. There isn't any room in the hotel that wouldn't hear the music from the nightclub.

The hotel provides fee shuttle service around Galveston and to the cruise port. Ed was our driver and he fabulous. He gave us his business card so we could phone him when we were ready to be picked up. Pleasure Pier is just a few minutes drive from the hotel and had some great rides for all ages.

My husband walked over to a sports store and bought a fishing license and then walked down to the 61 street pier and fished most of the day and evening. We spend the day walking along the boardwalk and enjoyed the sound of the ocean.

IHOP and Rainforest Café are a couple of minutes walk from the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean, but rooms on a higher floor will have a better view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us but we apologize about the loud music from the bar. As a resort, our hotel amenities feature live entertainment in our bar as well as numerous Kids and Family activities. This is a brand standard for Holiday Inn Resorts.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

All rooms face the beach and have a balcony. The breakfast buffet in their restaurant, Jetty, is large and the food good. This Holiday Inn does not have the pancake machine. There is a free shuttle service to places on the island. The music from the bar/lounge is loud enough to hear over the air conditioning fan and TV running at the same time. Most of the pop an ice machines do not work. When checking in for a 3 night stay I inquired about my reward points. First I was told I could not earn them, then I was told a manager would call my room to talk with me. The manager on duty that night, did NOT call. I called the desk. The manager was a little snippy with me, but offered to call the Reward central number to check on things. She tried, but could not get the phone to work. SO, she told me to try calling myself. I tried using the hotel phone, but no matter what I did, the call would not go through. I guess they were having phone troubles, but never said anything. Using my cell phone I got the call through. The Reward center was wonderful and gave me my points immediately. The center also said I should receive my complimentary gift (the two women at the desk said I would not get the gift). I went down to the desk, explained what I had been told, the manager checked the system and saw my points were recorded. The other girl working the desk still gave me trouble about the gift and the manager started to also, but stopped when I told her the center said I get a gift. She did try to make me feel guilty, though.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us but at the same time we apologize that our management team failed to assist you with your IHG Rewards Points issue. This is not our standard of service and we will address this with our team. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel/resort is middle if the line at best. The housekeeping staff really needs some training and the mattresses should have been upgraded over twenty years ago. The location is great but the facility is far from a nice stay. We will choose other faculties next time we are in this area. The holiday inn express is far greater then this so called resort.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience at our hotel. Our hotel was fully renovated in 2012 to the latest Urban Scheme Decor package with Holiday Inn. We are also completing additional renovations this year. Our resort also offers full-service resort amenities including an on-site Restaurant, Bar, Swimming Pool, Fitness Center, Kids Club, and Video Arcade as well as other Resort amenities including a Spa, Gift Shop and numerous Restaurant and Entertainment opportunities.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Driving from Houston we called ahead to see if room was ready early in the day. They said come on down. When we got there, the room was not ready - mistake on someone's part with apologies. Nice job by Mike at the front desk to take care of us with a high floor room, plus when we actually did get into the room, there was a fruit and cheese plate and bottles of water waiting.

The rooms all have a balcony that faces out to the beach. I'm sure its beautiful most of the year, but while the hotel is just a few steps away from the beach, the fog was pretty thick and you could barely see the ocean.

King bed was nice and a high ceiling made the room feel quite large. Flat screen tv with HBO was nice and the free internet was fast. Bathroom was clean and the shower had good hot water and terrific water pressure.

Booked this on hotwire - Galveston West Beach zone. Its in a complex of hotels that is an easy drive to most everything in Galveston. Plus you can walk to the beach. The Ferry is a 10 minute drive on the East side of the island.

There is a restaurant and pool on the property - didn't use either.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ushela03

Thank you for your review. We are sol glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts. We hope that you can make a return visit to our hotel in Galveston very soon!