Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
View Hotel
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites(Galveston)
Beachcomber Inn(Galveston)
1,277 results
All reviewsacross the streethigher floorocean viewfree shuttlerainforest cafefridge and microwavesmall balconynice poolfamily vacationgulf of mexicoshuttle serviceseawall blvdcruise terminalheated poolsan luis resortspring breakpleasure pier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

First of all I want to thank this resort and the Island of Galveston for making us Pittsburghers feel so welcome! When I planned this trip everyone asked me why were we going to Galveston and when we were in Galveston eveyone seemed amazed we chose to come there! THe island is so relaxed and there is southern hospitality galore!! We made a great choice in this hotel and Galveston! The hotel is very clean and updated. Staff all looks you in the eye and greets you with a hello and a smile. Nice!! Ed at the concierge- shuttle desk is so nice!! Remembered us and asked us how our vacation was and seemed happy to take us anywhere we wanted to go. He drove us to the Strand for some shopping on our last evening and gave us tips where was a good place to shop and have a drink! What a nice guy:). Bobby and I believe his name was Rubin fixed our hot water shower control in a timely manor after we called. We had bar service from Nick, Jose, Luis and Stacy in the bar. They were all pretty good. The entertainment in the club was nice. A bit late for us because we usually go to bed around ten but for the young crowd Im sure thats when the party gets started for them. We did watch 3 bands and didnt much care for the video dj, I asked him to play a few songs, Kenny Chesney , Jack Johnson, Zac Brown etc.. Come on we are at the beach! He played 70's hard rock videos. He said he would if I bought him a shot. Really?? I did, and he played only two songs and then back to the crap! He was very cockey. Yuck!! They have a nice happy hour here and my husband enjoyed that!! The happy hour appitizers were good, you get half a portion so if you are hungry get two! I had a hamburger one day for lunch and it was good! The bar area has alot of locals and if we lived there I think we would hang out there as well!! As usual I like to start with the positive, here was the only thing I didnt like. They started maintance on ground issues while we were there. I know it was after Labor Day and stuff always needs fixed(I own a house) but the whole pool tile and grout thing was anoying. I think they could of waited till maybe October to do this. There was still alot of people in the hotel and maybe wait untill it really got slow? The pool had all kinds of debris in it. Yuck, I have a pool and I keep it pristine. This pool is not that:(. There was caution tape everywhere and we felt like we were in a crime scene. As I said I do understand maintance but I wish it wasent done while we were there. I do want to say that Ed offered for us to go to a sister property, not the San Lois because HI guests cant use that pool but the other hotel. We probably should of done that back we were relaxed and in the mellow island mood so we didnt want to move. Tough , ha! A few hotel staff did ask how we were and offered water to us. I know they knew we all werent to happy about the repairs but they needed to be done. So, that said we hope to be back someday and we would absolutely stay here again!! Nice job ya all!! So, if I get asked again why Galveston? Why not Galveston?? We LOVED IT!!! Thanks again!

Room Tip: WE had a room on the 8th floor. I think higher up has better views!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandytoes4ever
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your review and your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize that we were completing the final touches to our newly installed pool deck which was the reason for the caution tape and debris at the pool. The deck is now complete and the pool is clean and pristine! We are happy to hear that we have a friendly staff and that your room was cleaned and you enjoyed our restaurant and bar. I will discuss with the DJ about his attitude as he is a vendor that we hire. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you in Galveston again soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We hand a family reunion and it couldn't have been better. Our rooms on the 6th floor were great. We drank coffee on the balcony and watch the sunrise. Absolutely awesome. We had dinner in the dining room and the seafood was great. The children ate free which was a real blessing. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We walked across the street to the beach several times. We were also impressed with Wings next door. It's not food, it's beach items...go figure. We bought a lot of neat things there for all of us. The location is walking distance to The Rain Forest Cafe, Subway, Academy, IHop and so much more.

We had a problem with the TV. It had sound but no picture. I called the front desk and they sent someone within minutes. They put a new chip in it and it worked perfectly. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

It is very "Kid" friendly. They showed a children's movie Friday night by the pool and the little ones all had popsicles. No one wanted to leave when the movie was over. They also have special things for kids to do on the weekends. They have snow cones, smores, build things, decorate cookies, and much more. We will definitely be back.

By the way, before I got this review finished, we made reservations again because we are going on a cruise and staying there again. Parking is also free while you go on a cruise and the area is patrolled so our vehicle is safe. We love the Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach!

Room Tip: Try to get higher than the 5th floor. Great view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Penny T

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that your family enjoyed your reunion at our hotel. I am glad to hear that our hotel product and service exceeded your expectations. Our hotel is a family hotels with numerous kid's activities and we are a great hotel to stay at before and after a cruise! We are so glad that you will be returning to visit us for your cruise!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We held an off site meeting for our team for a week long training session. The location was great with great views of the beach. The conference space was prefect for our needs and the staff, especially Mr. Butler were awesome! They anticipated our needs and met them before we had to ask. The facility is conveniently located near several restaurants and activities for all you free time needs. I would recommend this hotel for any group looking for a location that maximizes value at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean front view, but for best view ask for a room on the top two floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for your review and your wonderful comments about our hotel. We are so glad that your group enjoyed our hotel and your conference. We thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts and we hope that you can return to our hotel in Galveston very soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn. It has a nice pool area and the room was clean and comfortable. We did not eat at the restaurant, but we did go to the lounge to listen to a live band. It was great. Overall it was a good stay but we did have some issues. We also got the "upgrade to a higher floor for $20 a floor, pitch" but in the end, we were not charged. The pool bar service was extremely slow but the drinks were good. In the afternoon, there was some sort of childrens music/video in the pool area. It was very loud and impossible to rest in the room, and I didn't see any kids in the pool. Fortunately it only lasted about half an hour. I would stay here again. The rate was reasonable and it is in a good location.

Room Tip: Request an upper balcony room from the beginning.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank texlady25

Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will address the slow cocktail service at the pool. As a Holiday Inn Resort, it is a standard for us to provide both Kids and Adult Activities. Our Kids Activities do include a Family Dive-in Movie and Kids Karaoke at the Pool. Our Adult Activities includes Live Entertainment nightly in our BJiggers Lounge. Thank you for your business. Again, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you make a return trip to our hotel in Galveston soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We reserved a room at this hotel, hoping for a much needed, relaxing weekend. Friday evening we called down to housekeeping to get a coffee pot because ours was missing the tray which holds the coffee. We waited....and waited....no one ever came....no one ever called. Saturday morning, housekeeping was banging on the door by 9am asking if we were leaving so they could clean. There is a card on the desk in the room that says, If we are not a 10...please tell us what we could do to make things better and we will try to fix it." So, we took that card to the check out desk, but nothing we brought up was fixed. In fact, she just showed us at the desk that the tray for the coffee was in the bag with the coffee. /: That would have been helpful when we wanted coffee and called the night before?
Anyway, if you want friendly people who make your stay enjoyable......go to Gaido's. They are a more humble establishment, but they make up for it in personality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a beach view, not a top of the roof air conditioner view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

I apologize for your poor experience. This is not our standard of service. Please contact me directly at the hotel so we may further discuss your exerience.