Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$130
QualityInn
Comfort Suites Galveston(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$152
ComfortSuites
$155
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$199
ComfortInn
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Breakfast included
$233
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
$349
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$286
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
$219
1,322 results
All reviewsacross the streethigher floorfree shuttleocean viewfridge and microwaverainforest cafesmall balconyfamily vacationnice poolan older hotelgulf of mexicoshuttle serviceseawall blvdcruise terminalheated poolsan luis resortspring break
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel is much nicer than the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort. This hotel is clean and comfortable. It has well appointed rooms and ample parking. It is located across from the Gulf of Mexico and the beach.

I recommend asking for a high floor. The rooms on the lower level floors appear to have the view of the Gulf blocked by the rooftop of the lobby of the hotel.

This hotel will cost you more money than the Sunspree, but if you don't mind an older feel to a hotel room, the Sunspree is very clean and comfortable.

The front desk staff at this hotel was very polite and welcoming.

At the time of my booking, this hotel required 20,000 Priority Club Points for a one night stay on a Sunday night (April 7).

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard B
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your review and your commendation of our hotel and staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if you would like to book a return stay at our property. We thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed here for New Year's Eve in 2011 and went to see Radio London and had a very nice dinner there. Was a wonderful night.
Went back and saw another band that was good in September 2012. The hotel is nice and the staff is good too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your survey and your commendation of our hotel and staff. We are glad that you enjoy the bands in our BJiggers Ultra Lounge and that you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to provide a memorable resort experience at our property. We hope that you can return to our resort sometime in the near future. Thank you for your patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am not one to spend a fortune on the room, rather be out doing something! This was a "just right" hotel. The very best part was the service- the front desk, Deborah the shuttle driver, even the housekeeping staff was just over the top helpful and so kind/pleasant. The pool is pretty but the beach is 50 yards away so either one is fun. Rooms are comfortable and clean, elevator is a little slow. The only drawback was the live band in the club was really loud and played late. I was on the 6th floor so I didnt hear them but friends who were on the 1st and 2nd floor had trouble sleeping. There is a beautiful balcony FOR EVERY ROOM so you can wake up, step outside to hear the waves and watch the birds. Even the restaurant was good food (NOT as good with the service as the hotel staff). SO, if you want a 5 star fancy hotel with plants and mahogany furniture go next door to the San Luis- but you'll pay at least twice as much; or you can spend your money on fun and food and be just as happy with this happy little hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors so you arent kept awake by the band/Also nicer view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and your commendation of our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property and we appreciate your comments about the quality of our hotel and staff. Please let us know when you would like to return to our property and please ensure that you ask to be placed in a guestroom away from the pool and bar as we do have resort activities there late in the evening. Again thank you for your review and we appreciate your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Resorts!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights before leaving Galveston for our cruise and 3 nights upon our return. We arrived at 3 am, after a very delayed flight. Staff was welcoming and helpful. Clear instructions were given us-room, restaurant and amenities. Our room was basic but clean and spacious. Our kids joined us with 3 grandchildren the next day. All were well taken care of.
Breakfast was very good. Lots of choice in the healthy realm. The pool was not open (very cold ). Wonderful choices of restaurants in the area within walking distance. We did not rent a car.
Specifically, the staff are to be commended for their politeness, helpfulness and ready smiles. Quite pleasant in this time of cutbacks and busyness of travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan P

Thank you for your review and your positive comments about our hotel and staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that it was cold and I hope that you will be able to return to our property sometime this spring or summer. We appreciate your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

There are, I think, 3 Holiday Inns in Galveston. The Holiday Inn Resort was definantly the best one!! From the min. I walked in the door to the time I checked out I could not have been treated any better. I can't remember the name of the guy that checked me in but he was very polite, friendly, and kind. I told him I came to the hotel to reduce my stress and I intended to sit by the ocean view window and read my book. I was delighted when he told me that all the rooms had not only an ocean view but balconys as well and he changed my room from the 3rd floor to the 4th floor so I could get an even better view. He made me so happy! Bless him! All the staff were great (room service guys, housekeeping, front desk, maintance, etc.). Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. Ed, the cogncier (can't spell it - the person that helps you make plans and gives you advice about different things to do) was an extremely nice person!! He was very personable and kind. He chated with me like I was an old friend and gave me some good advice about visiting Moody Gardens. Also, I was parked at the front of the hotel and Ed carried my bags to my car and loaded them in my trunk. I tried to give him a tip and he would not take it. The Holiday Inn Resort should be very proud of it's employees!! They are exceptional!!

The hotel and room was very clean and nicely done. Comfortable bed and the bed has a selection of pillows (soft and firm). The pillows have ribbons around them that tell you which ones they are (you pull the ribbon off of course). The balcony chairs are not plastic like most of the other hotels are. Comfortable. The room has a spacious safe, a hair dryer, and I think, an ironing board and iron. Also, black out drapes and an alarm clock, a mini fridge, and a microwave. Everything I needed. This Holiday Inn was better than The Hilton Resort (I stayed at before). The Holiday Inn Resort is my new favorite hotel in Galveston and I will definately stay there again!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor and up. You will be able to see the street and all of the ocean. Also, you might want to steer clear of the pool and bar area. I understand the bar gets pretty loud on karaoka nights.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ineedanap

Thank you for your review and thank you for your commendation and recommendation of our hotel and our staff. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will be able to make a return trip very soon. Thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts!