“My kind of hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas
“My kind of hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I am not one to spend a fortune on the room, rather be out doing something! This was a "just right" hotel. The very best part was the service- the front desk, Deborah the shuttle driver, even the housekeeping staff was just over the top helpful and so kind/pleasant. The pool is pretty but the beach is 50 yards away so either one is fun. Rooms are comfortable and clean, elevator is a little slow. The only drawback was the live band in the club was really loud and played late. I was on the 6th floor so I didnt hear them but friends who were on the 1st and 2nd floor had trouble sleeping. There is a beautiful balcony FOR EVERY ROOM so you can wake up, step outside to hear the waves and watch the birds. Even the restaurant was good food (NOT as good with the service as the hotel staff). SO, if you want a 5 star fancy hotel with plants and mahogany furniture go next door to the San Luis- but you'll pay at least twice as much; or you can spend your money on fun and food and be just as happy with this happy little hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors so you arent kept awake by the band/Also nicer view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your review and your commendation of our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property and we appreciate your comments about the quality of our hotel and staff. Please let us know when you would like to return to our property and please ensure that you ask to be placed in a guestroom away from the pool and bar as we do have resort activities there late in the evening. Again thank you for your review and we appreciate your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Resorts!

Steve Kalbaugh, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 nights before leaving Galveston for our cruise and 3 nights upon our return. We arrived at 3 am, after a very delayed flight. Staff was welcoming and helpful. Clear instructions were given us-room, restaurant and amenities. Our room was basic but clean and spacious. Our kids joined us with 3 grandchildren the next day. All were well taken care of.
Breakfast was very good. Lots of choice in the healthy realm. The pool was not open (very cold ). Wonderful choices of restaurants in the area within walking distance. We did not rent a car.
Specifically, the staff are to be commended for their politeness, helpfulness and ready smiles. Quite pleasant in this time of cutbacks and busyness of travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan P
Thank you for your review and your positive comments about our hotel and staff. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that it was cold and I hope that you will be able to return to our property sometime this spring or summer. We appreciate your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts!

Tomball, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

There are, I think, 3 Holiday Inns in Galveston. The Holiday Inn Resort was definantly the best one!! From the min. I walked in the door to the time I checked out I could not have been treated any better. I can't remember the name of the guy that checked me in but he was very polite, friendly, and kind. I told him I came to the hotel to reduce my stress and I intended to sit by the ocean view window and read my book. I was delighted when he told me that all the rooms had not only an ocean view but balconys as well and he changed my room from the 3rd floor to the 4th floor so I could get an even better view. He made me so happy! Bless him! All the staff were great (room service guys, housekeeping, front desk, maintance, etc.). Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. Ed, the cogncier (can't spell it - the person that helps you make plans and gives you advice about different things to do) was an extremely nice person!! He was very personable and kind. He chated with me like I was an old friend and gave me some good advice about visiting Moody Gardens. Also, I was parked at the front of the hotel and Ed carried my bags to my car and loaded them in my trunk. I tried to give him a tip and he would not take it. The Holiday Inn Resort should be very proud of it's employees!! They are exceptional!!

The hotel and room was very clean and nicely done. Comfortable bed and the bed has a selection of pillows (soft and firm). The pillows have ribbons around them that tell you which ones they are (you pull the ribbon off of course). The balcony chairs are not plastic like most of the other hotels are. Comfortable. The room has a spacious safe, a hair dryer, and I think, an ironing board and iron. Also, black out drapes and an alarm clock, a mini fridge, and a microwave. Everything I needed. This Holiday Inn was better than The Hilton Resort (I stayed at before). The Holiday Inn Resort is my new favorite hotel in Galveston and I will definately stay there again!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor and up. You will be able to see the street and all of the ocean. Also...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ineedanap
Thank you for your review and thank you for your commendation and recommendation of our hotel and our staff. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will be able to make a return trip very soon. Thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts!

Buna, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston - On The Beach from April 6, through April 8, 2013. I have never had a better stay at a hotel. All of the employees went out of their way to be friendly. If you asked a question they did not know the answer to, they went and found out. One lady at the front desk on Sunday afternoon even helped me find the fitness center. I wish I remembered her name. I stayed in room 514. Room 514 had a nice view of both the pool and the ocean. They showed movies at the pool in the evening. If I looked out my window, I could see the movie from my room. We opened our balcony door, and listened to the ocean. It was so breezy, that we did not need the a/c. There is a bar they call an ultralounge. They had a live band there Saturday night, but it could not be heard from outside the bar, even in the lobby. Breakfast was good. I went with friends, and we enjoyed our stay. I wish we could have stayed longer. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and your commendation of our hotel and staff. We are glad that you had an "awesome stay". We hope you can make a return trip to our property very soon. Thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The only negative comment would be parking. Other than that you couldn't have better accommodations. Pool was great. Seemed to have a lot of activities for kids. Location right across from the beach. Walking distance to many attractions. Beds clean and felt amazing. AC worked perfectly. Amazing view from the balcony. Makeup dressing area was really helpful and utilized this trip. As entertainers great makeup lighting and extra space beyond the bathroom is always a plus. Very accommodating and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Phillip B
Thank you for your review and for your commendation of our hotel and staff. We are glad that you had a great stay at our hotel. It is our goal to provide memorable service for all of our guests. We hope that you can make a return trip to our resort very soon. Thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Resorts!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We arrived at Holiday Inn Resort after getting a refund from a horrific hotel down the strip (Commodore on The Beach). We were immediately at ease when we encountered the nice staff. The hotel is beautiful and we were happy with our rooms. We stayed on the 3rd floor and had a beautiful view of the beach. The best part was how family friendly the staff was - there was a movie night (with smores) every night at 7:00pm for the kiddos in the theater room and an arcade. It allowed the parents an opportunity to eat together or steal some time to themselves. The restaurant there is the best! Apparently it is in the Landry's family of restaurants. The seafood was fresh and cooked to perfection and best of all the kids ate free at the restaurant all day! Special thanks to Andrew and Skylar - the hardest working hotel staff in the world. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Anywhere above the second floor should have a beautiful view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tracee T
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. It is our goal to provide last memories for families here at our resort. We are glad that you had an exceptional experience in both our hotel and restaurant. We hope you can return very soon. Thank you for your continued patronage of Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

An overall great stay at the Holiday Inn Galveston on the beach. Perfect location that is right on the beach and IMO the best section of the strip. Close enough to all the best spots and the Pier and far enough from it all when you just want to relax. Loved my room & gorgeous view on the 6th floor. The bed, white linens & comforter were comfy (just like home) and the entire room was clean especially the bath. Very well kept property! A huge thanks to Mike at the front desk who was so helpful and was able to get me checked in a little early, and out a little later which I very much appreciate. The entire staff was so welcoming and hospitable. Even the staff at the pool was so attentive from the towel service, to lifting my table umbrella, and the bartender who ensured I wasn't too thirsty. Service was so great I can't wait to return for Memorial Day weekend! A++

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank TexasNoels
Steve K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our goal to provide outstanding service to each of our guests. I will let our team know that you enjoyed your stay. Please keep us in mind, next time you plan a trip back to Galveston.