“Perfect for young couples just looking for a place to crash at night!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beachcomber Inn

Beachcomber Inn
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Houston, Texas, United States
“Perfect for young couples just looking for a place to crash at night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was a fantastic price but it wasn't dumpy at all. Me and my boyfriend just needed a place to stay at night during our new years stay but we ended up loving the hotel. It was very clean and had two beautiful pieces of artwork on the walls. The bed was very comfortable as well! It had two nice big mirrors and a very well lit bathroom for the ladies. They also use eco friendly soap :) Everyone was very kind there too. Parking was easy and plenty. OH and FREE fast wi-fi was such a deal! I stayed in Knights in on the seawall during my last stay because It was all we could find. It was double the price and was terrible and DISGUSTING and the people were rude. Never stay there. Beachcomber inn will always be my first choice from now on.

My only complaints were that the comforter was very thin and didn't keep me very warm (thank god I had my boyfrand). The television was a flat screen but the coloring was very off and would go wonky and look pink and orange sometimes (but they had 4 HBO channels in the cable line up which I was happy with). The pool looked small too but I mean who really uses them anywho. The shower head didn't give me a nice powerful spray like im used to, it was kinda sad. The air-conditioning is kinda loud but not a huge deal. The mini fridge had cola spilled inside so I was like =_= really?! Also I tried to buy water from the soda machine and it gave me two big reds and a venom?

But yeah I loved my stay otherwise :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cara M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for New Years and it was quite nice. If you are value driven you can't go wrong here. Off season price was less than $50 for a King room. The bed was comfortable, room was clean and smelled clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sterling, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I love this little place! After reading lots of reviews, I chose to stay at the Beachcomber for 2 nights before a Carnival cruise. The king room (#143) was sizable, very clean & ideal for this leg of vacation. The front desk staff was very kind and helpful. We enjoyed the continental breakfast and going next door to Waffle House for breakfast. Location is superb for walking along the seawall and to dozens of restaurants. I decided to add an extra night at the end of the cruise and was so delighted to be welcomed back by the staff and receive the same nice room. I don't know how they accomplish such a wonderful little motel at $40 a night!!!

Room Tip: They have a laundry room with a commercial washer & dryer ($1.50) each and they sell laundry det...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Terre Haute, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you ever want the gulf to be right out your back door without paying hundreds of dollars per night this is the place, and they dont charge you extra for 4 people in the room and you can leave your car there if you go on a cruise, no extra charge, now they dont have a shuttle to the pier or anything but the ride for 2 people is less than 20.00.

We stayed there 3 days before the cruise and 1 night after and visited the beach within walking distance everyday (1 block of the seawall) and there is a refrig. and micro in the room along with a safe and the greatest flat screen TV, clean, upkeep great, and beds are not bad, I would reccommend the king over 2 doubles, a little more comfortable.

We always stay here and we will again, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Galveston and a wonderful cruise vacation, thanks to the affordable price of the Beachcomber Inn.
Also Wonderful Continental Breakfast pastrys, toast, cereals and juice.

Room Tip: if 2 people get a king on the South side of the Hotel if 4 people get 2 rooms with kings in each, 1...
Delta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stay the night before our Carnival cruise. It was a great little place for the money. We wanted to spend our money on the cruise not a hotel room for 1 night. This is a clean place. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The made some great suggestions. There was enough restaurants in walking distance. There is a liquor store and grocery store too. I would definitely stay there again! If you are like us and don't need anything too fancy then stay here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Peoria, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

After reading alot of negative reviews about the Beachcomber Inn after I booked the room for
November 10th the night before my cruise I was worried. However I was pleasantly surprised.
The room was clean and I did not see one roach. It was a block away from the beach and
right next to several restaurant. If you are taking a cruise they let you keep your car there
for the week free of charge and will call a cab for you to take you to the ship. I did not use
this service but it's nice to know you can do this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia S
Lacy-Lakeview, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed the weekend there the rooms were clean ,the staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend a stay there Its just 1 block from seawall. Went to the desk and Asked for more towels The front desk guy Jeff got them without asking a question .asked about things to do he was very helpful The young guy in the morning was kind of short but overall was an excellent stay.

1 Thank Jerry H