Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$199
$155
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$130
QualityInn
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$206
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
$259
$233
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)
$349
$199
$179
  • Restaurant
$219
Hotwire.com
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$339
$286
All reviewsbunk bedssmall kitchenacross the streetfishing pierrecommend casaseparate bedroompull out sofagolden corralheated poolocean viewpots and pansthird floorcoffee makerfull kitchenfamily vacationdefinitely stay here againshort drive
Reviewed March 26, 2013

All the rooms are lovely at the Casa Del Mar, and my family and I loved our week in this hotel. All the rooms have a wonderful view of the ocean, but the rooms in the front have the best oceanfront view. They have a master bedroom, twin beds for the kids, a kitchenette. They have pans, dishes, and utensils, and a refrigerator, small oven, and microwave. You can go to Kroger which is close by, and enjoy some of your meals in the room or pack a picnic lunch for the beach across the street. They have a sofa bed, and this is one hotel where we gladly return to. The staff is friendly and very helpful! They have a heated pool in case the beach is too cold. We loved this hotel!

4  Thank April M
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just got back from spring break spent at Casa Del Mar. We rented a private unit from Wilma and Betty Beach Rentals. The condo was really nice and very clean. While these are not large suites, we had our family of five and we were comfortable. We enjoyed being able to walk to restuarants and the beach. Wilma and Betty could not have been any better - took great care of us and it is evident that they take pride in their property. The grounds of Casa Del Mar were well kept and the pools were very clean.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Rented a suite for two nights - one bedroom, two bunkbeds, and a pull-out sofa. It would have been jammed if we had six people in the apartment. Lots of families settling in for the March break. The accommodation was clean, and the kitchen area well equipped, with a coffee maker, a microwave, and a stove. Very close to the beach, it was handy for long walks on the breakwater, and would be great for families heading for the beach. The roads are very busy, so avoid rooms on the east side of the complex, as they directly overlook the road. Two pools were well maintained. Front desk was friendly and helpful. They phoned the day before our last night to offer us a third night for a greatly reduced rate, which would have been very attractive had we been able to stay. Good functional accommodation for a small family or party of three adults.

1  Thank gwilliams
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Came to Galveston 2/2/2013 just to be close to the water. We booked 3 months with Wilma & Betty We will not be staying in this unit #275 is gross and thats me being nice. This unit had no linens only 3 blankets no sheets and no towels at all. The dishes were dirty, the refridgerator had a very foul odor there was the lingering smell of cigarettes, there were bugs cockroaches as well as the little ones. The air vents were covered in lint and had lint trails attached to the wall and ceiling in the flow of air. the mattresses hurt our bodies in the bedroom as well as the pull out nothing has been updated. I caught an upper respiratory infection and both my 3 year old and 6 year old became congested and began to have allergic reactions to the atmosphere inside the unit. Wilma was unwilling to compromise with me on reconciliation she wanted to make my family more uncomfortable and deep clean while we were already moved in. I am a very private person and I dont like people poking around my kids or stuff so i refused i asked for 25% of my money back since I cleaned the unit and because of the falsely advertised condition of the unit and the fact that we had to purchase things that should have been supplied and she refused. My biggest problem though is that she never showed her face, never came to see me, I could never find an address and she sent someone who had nothing to do with her company to bring me a fraudulent lease and take my money!!! All in all Casa Del Mar is a wonderful place. Heated pool, bbq pits, across from the ocean great location I particularly love seeing the older ladies in the pool exercising in the morning :) (reminded me of the movie cocoon) But they are all sweet In our 3 weeks here we have been greeted and gifted by almost all the owners theres even a Winter Texans Program. The atmosphere here is wonderful JUST WATCH OUT WHO YOU RENT FROM!!!!! RYSON IS A GREAT OPTION!!!

Room Tip: Dont Book With Wilma & Betty!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lachrisha w
KarenGalveston_Texas, General Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Casa del Mar is made up of 276 individually owned condo suites. The unit referred to in this review is a privately managed unit, not part of the onsite Rental Management Program. The 130 on-site “hotel” program units are professionally managed and follow strict standards and service guidelines including being rated as three diamond by AAA and offering 24/7 on-site service. In this particular case, if there was a web-site (such as VRBO) that you rented through, we encourage you to ask their assistance in resolution as well.

As is the case with many condominium properties, guests should consider issues such as this when deciding whether to rent from a private individual or the on-site management team. We are sorry if you were disappointed with your experience and encourage all potential guests to compare options when making reservations. Please be assured that the rental program management team takes pride in providing our guests with clean, well appointed and comfortable accommodations as well as friendly, professional service. The many Winter Texan you met on the property are a testimony to this as well!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family and I stayed two nights, February 13 and 14 and we enjoyed every minute there. We hated to have to leave. The front desk lady was friendly and professional when we checked in and the suite was clean, well kept and had a great view of the gulf from our balcony. Paid $99 a night, booked online, but the front desk said if we had called them directly, we could have gotten it for $79. This property is worth every penny and we will definately return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family