Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beachcomber Inn(Galveston)
View Hotel
All reviewsbunk bedssmall kitchenacross the streetfishing pierrecommend casaseparate bedroompull out sofagolden corralheated poolocean viewpots and pansthird floorcoffee makerfull kitchenfamily vacationdefinitely stay here againshort drive
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family and I stayed two nights, February 13 and 14 and we enjoyed every minute there. We hated to have to leave. The front desk lady was friendly and professional when we checked in and the suite was clean, well kept and had a great view of the gulf from our balcony. Paid $99 a night, booked online, but the front desk said if we had called them directly, we could have gotten it for $79. This property is worth every penny and we will definately return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tis36
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Outstanding!!!! This location is in the ideal spot! The view of the sunrise over the beach was breath taking! Walking distance to any amenity you need from Wal-Mart, to souvenir shops, to mom and pops dinners, to high class restaurants. Their staff is the best I've ever seen, of the highest quality and professionalism. I highly recommend Casa Del Mar in Galveston and will be back to watch the sunrise again!!!!

1  Thank DanaJr
Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was my first trip to Galveston and can't wait to go back! The staff @ Casa and the property is amazing. The location is perfect and within easy walking distance to the beach and other local attractions! I love how every suite as a beach view. The 2 pools were very nice and relaxing.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a beachfront view. Even though the very front rooms on the buildings have the best views they also have the most road noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
KarenGalveston_Texas, Front Office Manager at Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thanks so much for the feedback, we appreciate your comments. Next time you visit, we hope you will take some time to enjoy the heated pool!!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for a friends' wedding in town, as well as just a quick getaway for his birthday. I was originally going to make the reservation through galveston.com, but decided to call them directly to see if they could give me a better rate. They actually gave me a better nightly rate, so I was very pleased with that. Check in went very smooth; even though we arrived kind of late. Carl and Kendall were at the front desk - they were both very nice and helpful. Our room was on the west side, third floor. When we go back again, I will make sure to request a room with a gulf view that directly faces the ocean. Our view was nice though - no complaints about that. The suite itself was nice and clean- small but definitely comfortable for my husband and me. I don't know if we would bring the kids here or not - we have a 15 year old, 13 year old, and 21 month old. The bunk beds were very narrow, and the mattress wasn't the most comfortable. As close as the quarters were, I think it would feel very cramped with the bigger kids. If they were younger, maybe. Having said that - the bed in the room was super comfortable! Sheets were soft - almost as soft as the ones on my bed at home. Pillows were soft, and the blankets that were provided were warm. I'm cold natured, so I bundled up in flannel jammies, but my hubby was in heaven-- the air conditioning vent blows directly onto the bed LOL! The bathroom was a typical "hotel" size. Small counter top, toilet and shower/tub. The water got plenty hot, and didn't run out. Plenty towels were provided too. Kitchenette was as expected- small but functional. The coffee pot provided in our unit was a small 4 cup like your typical hotel. They did provide coffee, but I packed some Folgers from home LOL! All of the stuff in the kitchen was average (plates, cups, coffee mugs, silverware, can opener, corkscrew) pretty much what was expected. The living room area was cozy- little couch and chair with a coffee table (almost exactly how it looks in the photos lol). The porch was also as expected too - couple of lawn chairs and an end table. We didn't check out the pools - it was 58 degrees when we were there.

Over all, we would stay there again if it was just us. Bringing the kids along maybe not so much. Upon check out they did give us a coupon for future booking at a discounted rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf View room - it faces the ocean directly
1  Thank Aaryn J
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We rented the suite for 2 nights for a family vacation. Plenty of room for 2 children and 3 adults. The room was clean and having a kitchenette was great with the kids.Great location, right across from beach. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family