My husband and I stayed here this past weekend for a friends' wedding in town, as well as just a quick getaway for his birthday. I was originally going to make the reservation through galveston.com, but decided to call them directly to see if they could give me a better rate. They actually gave me a better nightly rate, so I was very pleased with that. Check in went very smooth; even though we arrived kind of late. Carl and Kendall were at the front desk - they were both very nice and helpful. Our room was on the west side, third floor. When we go back again, I will make sure to request a room with a gulf view that directly faces the ocean. Our view was nice though - no complaints about that. The suite itself was nice and clean- small but definitely comfortable for my husband and me. I don't know if we would bring the kids here or not - we have a 15 year old, 13 year old, and 21 month old. The bunk beds were very narrow, and the mattress wasn't the most comfortable. As close as the quarters were, I think it would feel very cramped with the bigger kids. If they were younger, maybe. Having said that - the bed in the room was super comfortable! Sheets were soft - almost as soft as the ones on my bed at home. Pillows were soft, and the blankets that were provided were warm. I'm cold natured, so I bundled up in flannel jammies, but my hubby was in heaven-- the air conditioning vent blows directly onto the bed LOL! The bathroom was a typical "hotel" size. Small counter top, toilet and shower/tub. The water got plenty hot, and didn't run out. Plenty towels were provided too. Kitchenette was as expected- small but functional. The coffee pot provided in our unit was a small 4 cup like your typical hotel. They did provide coffee, but I packed some Folgers from home LOL! All of the stuff in the kitchen was average (plates, cups, coffee mugs, silverware, can opener, corkscrew) pretty much what was expected. The living room area was cozy- little couch and chair with a coffee table (almost exactly how it looks in the photos lol). The porch was also as expected too - couple of lawn chairs and an end table. We didn't check out the pools - it was 58 degrees when we were there.
Over all, we would stay there again if it was just us. Bringing the kids along maybe not so much. Upon check out they did give us a coupon for future booking at a discounted rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa del Mar Beachfront Suites are a super value, ideal for a family vacation or a weekend getaway for two. Each fully furnished suite offers a private balcony for you to relax and enjoy the view as well as a small living area with a newly remodeled studio kitchen. There is a small private bedroom with a queen size bed and in the living area, a queen sofa sleeper and a set of Junior bunks designed for small children under the age of 10. We have two tropical pools (one seasonally heated), a trellised Bar-B-Que area, laundry facilities and Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all suites and throughout the property. Our beautifully landscaped property also features conference and catering facilities ideal for family reunions, small groups and corporate retreats. Casa del Mar is conveniently located right on the Seawall beachfront, central to all of the Island's great restaurants, shopping and favorite attractions. Relax by the pool, take a sunset stroll on the beach or enjoy Galveston's rich Island history. Casa del Mar and Galveston Island offer something for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Hotel Galveston
- Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites Galveston