“Fantastic”

Eatcetera
Ranked #51 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a great place in the historic district in Galveston right on 25th Street. Excellent salads, paninnis, and soups. Nice modern atmosphere and friendly service. Highly recommended...

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Great little place to eat lunch. I had the smoked chicken sundried tomato chibata my wife had the smoked chicken something another, she said it was good.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Let me start by saying that food is very good. Our waitress was dismissive and we nearly walked out b/c no one even acknowledged us for at the least 5 min, (only two other tables occupied). The soup was good but for $4 your serving size is approximately 1/2 cup and I'm not kidding! I know understand why so many reviews said they wish they had gotten the bowl, normal cup size at other places. Glad we went, probably will not be back.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

We were doing a bike tour of the island. My wife had found this place on the internet and it was on our route, so it seemed like a great place to start.

The food itself was really good. We had the Cuban and a turkey and bacon. Both sandwiches were excellent, served with some really good kettle style potato chips. I thought the price was about right. Just exactly what we needed for lunch.

However, we got there about 1245. The place was admittedly full, so we got a seat at the bar. It took us about 20 minutes or so to get our food, which seems like an awfully long time for what are ultimately sandwiches. Truthfully I am not sure what the hold up was. I could see that the staff was working feverishly. They all just seemed a little frazzled.

I really wanted to love this place. Based on everything I have heard and seen the service we experienced was an anomaly. If we ever get back down this way I intend to try them again in the hopes that what we experienced today was just a bad day in the kitchen.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Good sandwiches. Nice atmosphere. Sandwiches are a little pricey, but great variety of hot and cold sandwiches