“Shareables and wime”
Review of Blvd. Seafood

Blvd. Seafood
Ranked #19 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 1 week ago

Friends gathered at Happy Hour for drinks and 'shareable" appetizers. Campechana, shrimp kisses, salmon toasts were shared and everything was delicious but the best bang for your buck is the wine call list. Freak Show wine on tap for $4 per glass was the bomb! Service at the bar was impeccable and the waitstaff is efficient and friendly.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Place is about food and not much on window decorating. Nothing fancy and I probably wouldn’t try to pull off a date night here but the food service are spot on. I really enjoyed it for lunch. The reviews tend to make you think it’s a fancy place but it’s not.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pricey for what we got. Service was indifferent. The waiter stopped by when we didn’t need anything, interrupting our conversation, and was nowhere to be seen when we did need something. We flagged down a different waiter... I had to get up and go ask for crackers or bread for my salad and soup. They don’t provide that or even ask if you care for any. $120 for 3 people? I shouldn’t have to beg.
Food was ok... gumbo-like soup a bit bland, but hey it wasn’t gumbo. Salad was wilted a bit. - a turnoff.
Excellent bloody mary. A meal in itself. If I ever come back, it will be for that.

1  Thank Joyus S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The menu looked great, but the waitstaff brought us water and never came back. Waiters and waitresses walked past our table several times, but no one asked if we had been helped or took our order. While there were several other diners, the restaurant was not jammed. After more than 20 minutes we left. It was very disappointing.

1  Thank Donna F
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

They want to be fancy, but they just aren't there yet.
By recommendation of the concierge at the Hotel Galvez, we decided this was the place to go for supper, on our one night in Galveston.

The outside lacks curb appeal. It appears as though the building was recently a fast food joint. Perhaps the exterior is next on the list of renovations.
The interior was , however, nicely renovated. Although very loud.
You can almost see the water past the parking lot.

We were greeted promptly and with a smile.

Our waiter came over dripping with sweat. He apologized as he wpied his forehead with napkins from the bar, that it was hot in there. It wasn't hot, it was quite cool, actually. Must have been some other reason for his profuse sweating.

I ordered a seafood sampler, then my friend ordered chicken with no sides, and then the waiter asked me what would I like to order.
That's right, he hadn't written anything down and forgot that I had already ordered.

The waiter shared with us about the chef being from Atlanta and using seafood from the gulf.

Our food came out, delightful in presentation.
My friend's chicken was grilled perfectly and he said it was delicious.
It was, unfortunately, sitting atop a pile of mashed potatoes and other pureed Vegetables that were specifically asked to not be included on the dish.

My seafood sampler looked great too. Then I cut into the fish. It was quite dry. The flavor was spot on, just sat under a heat lamp or broiler too long. Heat lamp is my best guess, as the rice was dry as well.
The shrimp were tasty but again too dry. They had been sitting a while. Not cold, just not moist.
The scallops were delicious. Slightly under cooked, but not so much to send back. And with a little rice in one bite, they were perfect.

When the waiter came and asked if we saved room for dessert, I told him yes, but we would be having it someplace else.

Maybe it was just an off night.
Although, the table next to us returned an entree, for a reason I do not know.

Consider your options and choose wisely on Galveston island.

1  Thank PETER D