“Very good food and clean. More than Pho.”
Review of Pho 20

Pho 20
Ranked #79 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Takeout
texas
“Very good food and clean. More than Pho.”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Pho' food snob here! Not a fancy place nor a hole in the wall. We tried the Pho', spring rolls, a rice plate, and the fried noodle plate.

Pros- Pretty clean. Nice and cool inside. Very good food. Light fare. Cooked lightly. Many items on the menu to choose from. My husband wanted to go again during our visit to the island.

Cons- The lady waiting on us (hispanic) was very slow an inattentive. I had to ask for several things twice. We started asking another waitress for help (possibly the owner?- Malaysian lady). Service picked up after that.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank caramy5029

texas
“Great food”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Ocasionally I enjoy eating here. The char grilled shrimp is great. I always enjoy anything I eat here.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank lil3rd
Galveston
“New location”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

First, be aware that Pho20 has moved. The map on Trip Advisor is outdated. The new location is still on Broadway, but further up toward the beach, on the other side of the street. You see it on a corner - good signage in what used to be a small bank. And I suppose that's what makes the place interesting. They chose not to tear out the tellers' windows, so the waitstaff are back there working. The glassed in offices where bank managers used to reside are now little private dining rooms. The overall layout is fun to see.

Service is typically good Asian. Food is typical Vietnamese. One of two Vietnamese restaurants on the island, this one serves lunch and dinner.

• Visited May 2012
Waterloo, Indiana, United States
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I have visited this restaurant before and thoroughly enjoyed the food. This time we brought some of the kids and enjoyed watching their surprised reactions when they bit into the first delectable morsels. Though they were apprehensive at trying something new, the result was quite pleasing.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Dawn L
Irving, Texas
“Families first run at Vietnamese, which we all l liked.”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This came recommended by a family friend who has been to Galveston many times before. Apparently they have moved and now are housed in a former bank, which is pretty obvious. This was our first attempt at Vietnames food, and we were very happy.

First off, the menu does a good job at explaining in english exactly what the food is. My wife had Beef Pho, my daughter had the chicken noodle soup, and I split pepper steak with my son.

The food was really good, and in a large portion. Rice that came with the pepper steak was good. All in all we were very pleased and will definitely add Vietnamese to our diet once we get back home.

• Visited March 2012