“Pelican porch”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Pelican Perch

View down the street
Relax on front porch
Queen size second bedroom
Connecting bathroom between bedrooms
Master bedroom with king bed
Sunroom out to back deck
Skatepark nearby
Water park and play area for children
Walk to play park with children
Back deck
Cookout on back deck
Updated sunroom with futon
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Pelican porch”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in July 2018

It was wonderful Beach is just a block away house was nice very clean plan on renting again thumbs up thanks ms. Shelene

Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the kind review. We love to have guests back that enjoy our home as we do. Come back and see us anytime!
Ngozi O
“Truly a home away from home, walking distance from Pleasure Pier and Sea Wall”
Reviewed March 13, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Beautiful home, very well decorated and cosy. Heavenly beds: 2 of my kids almost never sleep through the night - they did both nights we were here.

Has all the things needed in a home away from home; the only thing I missed were my wooden spatula and bath bowl/scoop for bathing the kids. Apart from that, spices/ingredients, cooking utensils, cleaning materials, disposable/non-disposable crockery and cutlery, snacks, toiletries, towels etc were all well stocked. And there's a Kroger less than 3 miles away in case you need to pick up any items.

It DOES have a washer and dryer, downstairs. The location listing should be updated to reflect that.

Fast wifi, and the DVD player is internet enabled with Youtube and Amazon Video, among other apps. This was a great relief, because I forgot to take along my Firestick.

There was also an abundance of beach toys and gear (including towels and float boards), as well as family games for indoor time. My children went straight to the coloring books on the shelf, and that was a HUGE help as I was offloading the car.
The owner even left us a welcome packet of my kid's favorite snacks (I just wonder how she knew!) - very thoughtful!

The location was optimal for us - a walking distance from the Pleasure Pier and the beach, and just a few minutes drive to the private beaches we wanted to visit.

I'd recommend it for families with kids 4 years and up; any younger and you might struggle with keeping them from damaging the abundant decor, like I had to do with my 2 year olds. Bath time was also a challenge for the younger ones who could not take a shower. And we ran out of hot water the first night; you need to be efficient with the water, which is a good thing, so I happily learned my lesson for the next night.

Great place, lovely host! Hope to visit again in the summer.

Your age range 35-49
Apr 13, 2018
I’m so glad your family had a good time and enjoyed The Pelican Perch. We would love to have you back anytime! ps... I’m adding a wooden spatula to my utensils as well as a kids “bath bowl”!!
Natalie B
“Vacation 2017”
Reviewed July 30, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Loved the house!my husband and I took our son on his very first vacation and my parents and in laws came as well! Lots of room and felt just like home! Made some great memories and can't wait to go back

Aug 7, 2017
Wonderful! Thanks for choosing The Pelican Perch for your family vacation. Your welcome back anytime!
Falen B
“Wonderfull!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Staying at the house was wonderful! The house was clean and the owner was very nice and helpful! Felt like a home!! My family had a great time!!

Aug 7, 2017
Makes me feel good when a family can make memories in Galveston! Come and visit The Pelican Perch anytime!
Seth P
“Very pleased with Pelican Perch”
Reviewed July 6, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Shelene was INCREDIBLY responsive and was easy to work with. We had a wonderful time. Pelican Perch had everything that we needed.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 13, 2017
Thank you so much! We enjoy others that are easy to work with also... think of us again next time you visit Galveston!
Kim F
“Perfect family getaway-close to everything!”
Reviewed April 23, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Loved our stay at Pelican Perch! Not right on beach, but a close walk. Great location, and easy to get to everything. We stayed a few days with my parents and two teenage daughters. Plenty of room to all be together without being on top of each other and everyone had their own space. Full kitchen, bath, living room, with all the amenities. Our owner has thought of everything...beach towels, boogie boards, etc. can't wait to go back!!

Apr 26, 2017
Thanks for choosing The Pelican Perch for your family trip to Galveston!
We also enjoy leaving our car home and walking to our favorite spots. Come back and visit with us anytime.....loving the beach!
Reviewed March 17, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Apr 12, 2017
Happy kids=happy parents!
We will welcome your family back anytime!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing