Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Unfortunate

Reviewed April 7, 2017
corporal493
Lansing, Michigan

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Horrible experience! We arrived to find that the pontoon boat we rented looked NOTHING like the photo on the website or the photos posted in their office. It looked like a work boat used to carry workers from here to there with metal bench seats along each side. So industrial that there wasn’t even room for a small cooler under the bench. Boat wasn’t fueled up so we had to spend time taking time to escort worker to local fuel stop and wait while they fueled the boat, spilling fuel and ensuing clean up. On the way taking them back to the dock an alarm started going off intermittently. Worker said it might be bottom alarm as depth finder had been removed but wiring still in place. Seemed to be better when we slowed down to 1500 rpm (slow going). Dropped them off and wanted to head to Galveston Bay, alarm started getting less intermittent so I called their office, response “I don’t think you’re going to break down”, I responded that the alarm is LOUD and extremely annoying and asked if they had another boat they could put us on and the response was “no”. By the time we made it to Galveston Bay the alarm was constant, we had made several attempts – wasting precious time – to find the alarm and hopefully pull a wire off and stop it but were unable to locate. I called the office and let them know we were bringing the boat back and were very disgusted with the entire situation. Originally scheduled for 4 hours we were back to the dock in 2 hours. I expected a full refund for the terrible experience only to be told by one worker that there’s no refund for early return. The other worker, in charge, told me they had reduced the charge to an amount equivilant to the 2 hour rental to which I responded that it was unacceptable due to their faulty equipment being the reason for the early return. She said she’d see what she could do. I sent an email with video of the alarm going off constantly at 1500 rpm and 2500 rpm (normal slow cruising speed) with no response.
Do NOT rent from this company you WILL be disappointed in the equipment and service!

Date of experience: April 2017
4  Thank Greg D
john w, Manager at Caribbean Breeze Boat Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2017

All boat photos are accurate. There was not adequate communication regarding the alarm that we interpreted as shallow water, but turned out to be another alarm. Customer distributed ashen remains in the bay without supervision and completed the task and returned to the dock safely so no refund was given.

Reviewed May 20, 2017

For beginners, the man was 15 minutes late to our appointment and it would've took him another 10-15 minutes to get the jet ski off of his trailer. He contacted me 30 minutes before my appointment saying he needed a refundable $200 cash deposit which wasn't included in the confirmation booking email. Once he arrived (late), he wanted me to sign some extra personal information that I didn't feel secure giving out on a piece of paper. On top of all the antics, he TRIED to guilt trip me on getting on the jet ski anyway saying "Well, are you sure cause I took my time, about 30 minutes, putting them on this trailer and this is what I get paid for." Overall, is just seemed sketchy from the beginning that I didn't feel comfortable with so we decided not to get on.

Date of experience: May 2017
4  Thank Joseph S

Customer declined the rental upon reviewing the paperwork and the risk of operating a jet ski without prior experience.

Reviewed May 15, 2017

I showed up 15 minutes prior to my appointment and waited around for 35 minutes before they showed up. Appointment set for 2 and didn't get on the water until about 2:40 and was told i had to be back by 3:15 for the next appointment. (Only reason I am not giving 5 stars) On the water the jet skis were nice and fun. The guys were straight forward about everything and gave us a quick run down on what to do and where to go.

Date of experience: May 2017

We appreciate your business

Reviewed April 7, 2017

Customer before us damaged unit rendering it unusable. Owner initially was good about updates but later would not return phone calls. Had to appear in person to get answers and assure refund. Disappointing end.

Date of experience: April 2017
4  Thank corporal493

It is unfortunate to be unable to provide service to customers while equipment is being repaired.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

it was a great experience overall and it was worth it. i had so much fun. the service was good as well.

Date of experience: March 2017