“Surprise!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tigerlz
Abilene, Texas
“Surprise!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Get ready for a wonderful surprise! This cottage is beautiful and very clean! You can see the ocean right out the front window. Sitting on the porch was my favorite pastime. We felt very safe and at home there. We had our little dog with us and she like it so much better than an hotel room. They have netflix, they have dvds,books, many shampoos, laundry soap to wash clothes, coffee. Many little surprises all over the house. Lists of places to eat,drink and have fun. NO STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Date of stay: June 2013
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage was sooooooooooo clean.
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers People with pets
50Teresa5...
Houston, Texas
“So comfortable and relaxing that I did not want to leave!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

I stayed at the cottage from Jan. thru Feb. Three weeks in all. Everything about the cottage was great! Good location, comfortable beds, and well equipped with every day essentials. Friends and family came to visit at different times. We enjoyed the parade and Mardi Gras! The sunrises and sunsets were amazing and the weather was great for the most part. I will definitely stay here again! Thanks.

Date of stay: January 2013
Liked best: The location
Liked least: For my extended stay I wish there was more closet space in the master.
Traveling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Texas
Reviewed January 31, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Date of stay: January 2013
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Older travelers
CLBc656
Omaha
“Spring Break 2012”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

What a fantastic and awesome place to stay. We were less than 2 blocks from the Gulf of Mexico. We sat on the porch, every morning, with our coffee/tea and enjoyed the sound of the beach and an occassion boat floating by. In the evenings we sat on the porch, listened to the water and could still see the children on the beach. The owners were very helpful and responded to our calls within the 1/2 hour if we had to call them for anything.

I would definitely stay here again. The only minus I saw would be for a person who has trouble with stairs or confined to a wheelchair. The stairs would be a problem for you. But overall, we enjoyed ourserlves. I traveled with my best friend, my son and her son. The boys enjoyed themselves tremendously and didnt want to leave.

Date of stay: March 2012
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Accessibility to the beach.
Liked least: No screen on the front door.
Traveling group: Extended Family
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
redsmusic...
Kountze, Texas
“Charming beach bungalow...we'll be back!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

I must admit that I was skeptical about renting a vacation rental this way...but you proved me wrong! I rented this cottage as a surprise 1-year anniversary trip for my husband. But, I decided to tell him about it the night before we left. The first question out of his mouth was, "Where is it located?"...with a concerned grimace on his face. Because I'm not very familiar with Galveston geography and neighborhoods as he is, I started to become concerned too. But, we were both pleasantly surprised! It was a quiet neighborhood, and we never heard anything of the traffic on the Seawall. So, that was a plus! And, while I came prepared with some amenities I thought we'd need, I found out I didn't need a thing except the groceries we brought. Everything was clean. The linens, bedding and towels were hotel-grade. And, the kitchen was equipped with everything we needed to help us save a little bit by cooking in for a few meals. My other concern prior to arriving involved whether the house would be cool enough with only window A/C units. But, we were lucky to have had a cool front that weekend, so it kept everything very pleasant in the house during the heat of the day. But, the A/C worked so great, in conjunction with the ceiling fans, that I actually got too cold at night! We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend, and we look forward to coming back again sometime! I even have several co-workers already asking about it too!

Date of stay: October 2012
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and charm of an older home
Liked least: very close to other homes, but was quiet nonetheless
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Clovis
Reviewed May 22, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: May 2012
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
cherylynn...
Waco, Texas
“So perfect you'll wish you booked an extra day or two...”
Reviewed January 24, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
people found this review helpful

Instantly enamored by Oasis Beach Cottage - if I had a beach cottage of my very own, it would look and be outfitted exactly like this one! How lucky that Greg & John share this place with folk like us!

Seems harder to find beach rentals suited (and priced) for a couple or small family, but this one can't be beat. Why pay for more than you need? We loved that Oasis feels like a home and not a cabin or bunkhouse for a crowd. Even real non-seasonal neighbors on the short block, and you simply can't beat the location or even the view, as you can enjoy the beach from the elevated front porch yet there's no traffic or car noise since you're separated from the seawall boulevard by a buffer lot next to a street-facing business.

Awesome value...you get about 1,000 sf with a living and dining room, more spacious kitchen than the one I have at home, nice roomy bath, washer/dryer space,, and two nice bedrooms - one queen & one king. Even spotted a Graco pack 'n play in the closet! Plus, you can park in the garage if you have a low-profile standard type car...our Maxima fit just fine. Love the front porch, and there's a shady nook below the deck with a nice bench, too.

Amenities and photos posted are wholly accurate, except you get all kinds of little extras included! Really...don't bring a thing except clothing, sunscreen, and any food you want to have on hand. The Oasis was stocked with all else, including such as coffee, refrigerated flavored creamer, a lovely tea chest assortment, laundry detergent, coffee filters, salt, pepper, sugar, flour, and every appliance & utensil & cooking/serving vessel you could possibly need...plus books, videos, even a junk drawer full of solutions for the unforeseen!

Each room has ceiling fans and a/c plus heating units, but we needed nothing more than the fans during our stay. The beds are heavenly. Plenty of seating with a table and four chairs plus two bar stools for dining and a large leather sofa plus two large leather chairs for relaxing. Outside are four extra-height "lifeguard" chairs on the deck plus two regular chairs & a bench. Every space is equipped with creature comforts!

One of the nicest things Greg & John did was advance us a "things to see & do" sheet with our reservation confirmation. They list their best suggestions for dining, grocery shopping, sightseeing, and more. We especially appreciated their ideas for FREE entertainment..like feeding the seagulls on the Bolivar Ferry and watching cruise ships embark on Sunday afternoons.

If you appreciate cozy digs over cookie-cutter lodging and enjoy vacationing like a "local" with both history and mom-and-pop restaurants & retail at your fingertips...book the Oasis, but leave a week or two open for us!!!

Date of stay: January 2012
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Makes you feel like you live there, not just vacation there
Liked least: Stronger wifi signal would be nice, yet functional.
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing