Comfort Suites Galveston
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Inn at the Waterpark(Galveston)
View Hotel
All reviewsscrambled eggs and sausagecruise terminalshuttle servicevery clean hotelrooms are nicetwo queenshot tubyogurtseawall blvdacross the streeta nice place to staynext morningbalcony roomshort walk to the beachthird floorone night staydefinitely stay here again
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We decided to celebrate our 7th anniversary in Galveston at this hotel in their jacuzzi suite room... we are so glad we did. Room was very nice, people were very friendly, The hotel sits a bout 1000 feet further back from the shore than most but it makes it very quite as there is little street noise to contend with. The view was still remarkable and we had a great time. there were many restaurants available nearby. highly recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bro-chrisj
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are thrilled that you spent your Anniversary with us. I hope that we will see you for your next Anniversary (or maybe sooner)!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here because we could park our car for free all week while cruising. They also provide a shuttle to and from the terminal. That alone made it totally worth our stay. The beds were comfortable. The free breakfast was hot and good. the staff was very attentive. It wasn't the cleanest place I've stayed but it worked beautifully for us for the night (this is my only reason for 4 stars). We rented a room on the top floor, facing the Gulf. It really wasn't that big of a deal though because you aren't right across the street from the boardwalk, you're almost half a block so your view also contains a lot of telephone poles, etc... We will definitely stay here again when cruising as it saved us a bunch of parking fees and the convenience was well worth it.

Room Tip: If you do want a Gulf view, ask for a room on the top two floors with a Gulf view. Otherwise, you are looking at the parking lot. If you are using this hotel for its shuttle service, follow directions and do not call for a pick up until you have cleared customs. We had no problems at all as we followed directions.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lacey C

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Your feedback has been shared with our Staff and Ownership! We are happy to serve you and I hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We found pluses and minuses with this hotel on our 1 night stay July 24, 2013. I like the hotel, it was clean had awesome view of the gulf from our balcony. Did have some issues with the beds, they are against the wall. The person sleeping on the outside has to crawl over the bed to get in or out. Quite inconvienent, they should give the staff a huge bonus for even getting the beds made. Wonderful breakfast and pleasant breakfast staff. I went to the front desk to request a late check out and waited quite awhile. The front desk lady was reading her magazine in the other room. I told her I had been waiting awhile and then she told me I was wrong that she had continued to peek out and had not seen anyone. The lady reading the paper to my left was the one that realized she was back there and hollered for her. It kind of put a bad feeling on staying there. Being accused of lieing is not something I encounter since it is not something I do. I should have gotten her name. I am sorry I did not.

Room Tip: Balconies on south side have a view of the gulf on 2nd and 3rd floors. Northside does not have balconies. If you have 2 people in bed you will have to crawl over.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sandra c
gm_tx885, General Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Sandra C.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate the kind words and compliments.
You are correct about the beds. In some of the rooms it is a tight squeeze. We have looked at ways to minimize the situation and while we haven't hit on a good alternative yet...we're still trying! It is indeed quite the challenge for the staff to make the beds up each day in the rooms with this dilemma.
It is disappointing to hear that after an enjoyable stay, that one of the last impressions you had of us came from inexcusable behavior from a member of our desk staff. I hope you will allow me to offer a sincere apology and to say that this aberration of usual standards is not acceptable. It will be addressed.
We value the feedback. I hope the positives of our property and other staff members you encountered will outweigh the negative of one individual and that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed there two days (Mon/Tue) and it was really nice. The staff was very good and attentive. The breakfast had a good selection and was very tasty. The breakfast area had a nice big TV to watch while we ate.

The pool area was a lot of fun. Very good layout if you have kids.

The close proximity to Moody Gardens made this the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David45645
gm_tx885, Manager at Comfort Suites Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and found it to be a hidden jewel. It is just off the sea wall but with a view of the gulf from the upper floors. Suddenly, it has changed from being the welcoming place it used to be to a place where the staff corrects and lectures the guests. Wondering what has happened to customer service. Could they have too much business now that the cruise lines refer their passengers to stay there AND leave their cars in the parking lot while cruising ??? The rest of the staff may be wonderful and I make specific reference here to Christina , the front desk staffer who does not represent this national chain well at all.We, in fact cancelled our reservation and went elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple