“friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Texas
“friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The place was nice. The rooms were very open and looked big. They offered a great breakfast that included waffles shaped like Texas,either plain or strawberry flavor. Also, boiled eggs,yogurt,cereal,bagels,toast,danish,juice,coffee,sausage,eggs etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Colette K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here the night before leaving on a Cruise to Mexico. The room was nice and clean. We didn't make it up for breakfast. My boyfriend has a rewards card with this chain and they upgraded us to a 2nd floor room with a beach view for free when we checked in. They offer a shuttle to the cruise terminal and parking while you are away for a reasonable fee. The driver was super friendly and helped everyone with their bags and with getting a porter at the terminal. I would definilty stay here again for a trip to Galvaston. The beach was very close.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kdbingham
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We arrived late before our cruise and found front desk staff friendly and the room ready as booked. Breakfast was was good and quick so we could get to the cruise terminal full and fast. Our family of five was comfortable and the room at the back was quiet. The hotel is set back a little from the seawall but that probably keeps traffic noise down. The view of the ocean is great.
I thought I lost a ring in the room and called the hotel to find it after I left. They immediately went and stripped the room down to find it for me. Then they called me back immediately (less than 30 minutes later). I was frantic and they did their best to help. Fortunately, I found the ring in my baggage but I was grateful for the staff's immediate and caring assistance. I would definately stay at this property again.

Room Tip: If you want an ocean view, make sure to ask. Rooms on the nonview side are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Splishsplash41
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Hotel reeked of mildew and caused breathing problems for my wife. I travel for business all the time and choose to stay in Choice Hotels, never have had any problems. Hotel sheets were itchy and caused skin irritation for my wife and I. There were roaches and spiders in the room, one bit my daughter on her calf. The balcony chairs were covered in a nasty purple goo and there were cigarette butts on the balcony( This was a non-smoking room). Went to the front desk twice and no one was there. After complaining to Choice hotels and letting them file a complaint to the hotel the GM responded and basically told me all my accusations were false and he offered no resolution. Hotel shouldn't bare the name Comfort Suites.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dminchew
Converse, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and never had any complaints.
The staff are super friendly and helpful, this is a big part of why we return.
The rooms are nice and large and have a pull out sofa but needing updating.
The tv's are the old box type and very do not have a very clear picture.
The bedspreads could also use an upgrade to something more modern and appealing.
With this being said, the rooms are ALWAYS clean and any request we have made has been
taken care of immediately.
Overal, a good place to stay close to the seawall. And right across the street from the Movie
theatre.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank carlaintexas
Hays, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I picked this to be close to the ocean and it was perfect. It is in a really nice location, close to the ocean and an easy walk to several restaurants up and down the street.
I researched the hotels; it is hard to tell from looking at a map, how close they will be to the ocean. What I learned is that you have to cross a street from all hotels to get to the sand and ocean, and this was a really nice location.
I loved it and we will come back and stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammy0272
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My daughter and her boyfriend stayed at this location and they loved it. They mention that it was very clean and the rooms were very spacious. Also, their staff was absolutely amazing. Thank you Miguel and Cristina for making my kids stay very pleasant and smooth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple