All reviews moody gardens spring hill bay view indoor pool free breakfast nice hotel disney cruise balcony room living area choose this hotel staff was very friendly and helpful front desk staff next morning pull out couch mini fridge would stay here again check in was easy
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We were here on a family vacation and will NEVER go back. The pool was so highly concentrated with chlorine that you could taste it coming into the hotel! We pulled our daughter out of it & broke her heart. She wanted to swim so bad. PLUS, the pool was about the size of a bathtub. Not enough chairs for the guests. When I alerted the service desk person to the chlorine, I got a non-chalaunt response! In addition, we were called by the front desk person at 11:00 pm to tell us that another guest had complained about noise from our room and we were in bed....no noise at all!

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
shs_galveston, Public Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Dear Mkepperson73,

We are sorry to hear about the inconveniences encountered during your stay.
I would like to assured you that your comments have been share with the team in an effort to improve our services.

We thank you for your valuable feedback and hope to have an opportunity to better our services in the near future.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Love this hotel. I was in town for business and stayed at the hotel because it was close to my job training. Hotel was clean and very nice. The staff was so helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled on business
shs_galveston, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear MJT1977,

Thank you for your feedback. We are truly happy you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2017

A series of unfortunate events lead us, last minute, to this wonderful hotel. Hiding in plain site as you reach the island, it is a 4-story rectangular prism of a building. Inside, the staff is welcoming and helpful, the lobby modern, and the lounge/breakfast area large, comfortable, and well decorated. Our room a large studio suite - two queens and a pull-out couch - which suited the four of us. Large bathroom, mini-fridge, mini-microwave, large flat screen, free Wifi. The pool room is freezing cold (!!!), the tiny pool is comfortably warm, and the hot tub is smokin'. Breakfast is ample, with fresh options, and the coffee bar is appreciated. This is a go-to for off-the-Seawall accommodations.

Room tip: Ask for a third or fourth floor bay view and watch the sunset from your room
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
shs_galveston, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Donna E,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay, we are very happy you had an enjoyable stay and hope you stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Galveston.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Girls trip to a All White Party on the boat in Moody Gardens. This hotel was Awesome. Staff nice. Room very very clean and the bed was so comfortable. Not to mention the breakfast was soooooooooooo good. Nice and clean pool as well.

Room tip: You can see the water from room 204 side but nothing too exciting.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
shs_galveston, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Galveston Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear Burley42,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we work hard to make our guest happy and are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay. Thank you again an we hope you come visit us again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2017

My wife and I had a short vacation (two nights) in Galveston with the grands near the end of July which is obviously the height of tourist season for Galveston. Compared to other local properties, this one was reasonably priced. I am a Marriot Rewards member, so check-in was easy and included an upgraded bayside balcony room. (This provides a view of Moody Gardens which is were we spent most of our time.) The room was clean and everything worked. In fact, the whole hotel seemed very well maintained. Sometimes beach area hotels get stale and moldy and dirty from people tracking in the elements with them. This one was not that way.

As for amenities, we took advantage of some of them with mixed reviews. The complimentary breakfast was good and included hot items like eggs, sausage, toast and waffles. Plenty of cold items as well. The breakfast area was well prepped and attended despite a steady stream of guests through there. The complimentary wifi internet speed was 2Mbps which is ok. (Better than some and worse than others.) I didn't notice any drops, so it was reliable. Not sure if I could have done much more than surf the internet and check email, but it did those things nicely.

The major amenity downside was the pool. I don't usually take advantage of hotel pools, but, as I said, we had the grands with us. We only lasted in it for five minutes. My wife was appalled at the floating debris in the pool (hair and other bits of flotsam) and the over-chlorinated pool (I'm sure due to the high volume of people using it). There was so much chlorine that our eyes were burning within five minutes. She was creeped out by it and we didn't stay.

That was bad, but the rest of the stay and facilities were good. We had stayed here before and felt good about staying here again. I would go back because I don't normally care about the pool. But, if the pool was going to factor into our stay, we might go somewhere else. Too bad because everything else was good.

Room tip: Bayside has balconies. Came in handy for us to air dry wet bathing suits and for the view.
Date of stay: July 2017