“Food that pleased a wide crowd”

Sunflower Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Dessert in Galveston
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Galveston's historic East End.Featuring fresh Gulf seafood, homemade sandwiches, and the best bakery in town. The Sunflower is everyone's favorite neighborhood cafe.
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

My family is pretty healthy and we eat gluten and dairy free. We are traveling with a family that has a child that has a more standard American diet palate. We were all able to eat well at sunflower.

My family had omelettes and I had a chicken/potato/egg bowl. The other family had chocolate chip pancakes, key lime pie, and more pancakes. We were all pretty happy and full when we left.

The service was pretty good and the prices were a bit high (nicer breakfast type place). I would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Don't go here if you're short on time - after being seated it took 20 minutes for our order to be taken and 1 hour for the food to arrive. Waiter kept telling us our food was almost ready, but he lied. the food was Ok, but not worth the wait. we will never go here again, NEVER. Don't believe the high rating - this place is over rated and the wait staff is the worst

Reviewed August 10, 2014

It's all good! Food awesome. Great bakery for yummies to take home. Very interesting little shop in back where I almost always find something to buy.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We hit just right and did not have to wait at Noon on a Saturday. Eggs Benedict were excellent, as was the chicken salad, and potato soap. Service was a little slow but it was crowded.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

On a busy late Saturday morning, we stopped in for brunch. My stuffed avocado was pretty good - 1/2 stuffed w tuna salad and the other half stuffed w chicken salad. The "side" salad was marginal - shredded lettuce and few pieces of shredded carrots w a tiny bit of oil and vinegar. I might have thought my meal was better had I not tasted my husband's dish! Truly one of yummiest egg dishes I have ever had. Carne Asada w eggs. An incredible corn cake on the bottom, smothered w carne asada and 2 eggs over easy on top w a sprinkle of cheese and a few tortilla strips. The waiter also brought some fresh pico w spicy, spicy Serrano peppers in it. Yum! There were also roasted potatoes on the plate - very nice companion for the dish. Problem is, this was a daily special. So sad... Apparently we have no idea when this will be the chef's decision again. All I know is that I wanted a whole plate of the asada - simply wonderful.

Great service and really fair prices for quality and quantity of the food.