“Great food”

Sunflower Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Dessert in Galveston
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Galveston's historic East End.Featuring fresh Gulf seafood, homemade sandwiches, and the best bakery in town. The Sunflower is everyone's favorite neighborhood cafe.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have eaten here for Breakfast and lunch over the past 2-3 years and have never been disappointed. Bread pudding French toast is always on the breakfast menu and it is fabulous! Once you eat it, you will have a hard time selecting anything else when you return.
They have weekend breakfast specials and offer mimosas with breakfast on Sat and Sun.
Don't forget to stop by their bakery before you leave and pick up a treat to take for later.
There is also a small gift/antique store attached which is worth a look.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Excellent salads, sandwiches, and even though we had to wait on a busy Monday lunch rush, the service was great! I would definitely go back, and highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I've been here at least four times now. Every time has been excellent. You can tell they care about the food quality and service.

It can get crowded, so you can probably expect some type of wait time, depending on when you are there.

They have a brunch menu on Sundays, but I just can't pass up the excellent breakfast items. I had a belgian waffle with eggs and sausage. The waffle was delicious. The eggs were cooked perfectly over medium as I asked.. the sausage was probably the best breakfast sausage I've ever had...

When you are done eating, head on over to the bakery area and pick up some cookies or pastries... everything I've tried has been very good to great.

Easily on of the best breakfast spots I've ever had and the lunch and dinner plates are also very good.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We shared a family dinner here on a Saturday night. With two small children and no reservation, we opted to sit in the second floor dining area. It was a good choice for us, a bit more casual. The wait staff was incredibly attentive, especially since they had to exit the building and climb stairs to reach the 2nd floor dining room.

They have specials for lunch and dinner, but the regular menu items are always good. I like their flavored tea options.

The dining room is small and tight. Their bathrooms open to the dining room.

The food though is very good and we have eaten there on several trips to Galveston.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This has become our pre Cruise breakfast stop. We love the food and the service. The bakery is awesome and the food is amazing.