“Delicious Lunch and Breakfast!”

Sunflower Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Galveston
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Galveston's historic East End.Featuring fresh Gulf seafood, homemade sandwiches, and the best bakery in town.The Sunflower is everyone's favorite neighborhood cafe.
Texas
“Delicious Lunch and Breakfast!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is a great place to gather for breakfast or lunch. The bakery is full of delicious goodies, but this is a sit-down restaurant as well. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the menu is full of unique items. I've been here numerous times and have never had anything other than an outstanding meal. We love sitting outside on the patio when the Texas heat permits.

I highly recommend this cafe. It's quaint and delicious. Don't miss it!

Dallas, Texas
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Our last stop before driving back home was breakfast/brunch at Sunflower, the menu has many choices and the food was excellent. We sat on the patio and the service was good, my wife and her sister complained the coffee was weaker than they prefer, but everything else was above average.

Houston, Texas
“Dinner was so good, we had breakfast there, too”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife & I decided to try the Sunflower Bakery & Café in Galveston based on other TA reviews. We first had dinner there which was very good. My wife had the crab cakes which were loaded with crabmeat & cooked to perfection. I had the fried shrimp & crab cake dish which was fried just right & was more than enough food. The service was first rate. We sat in the outside patio area & the atmosphere was relaxed & very pleasant. Dinner was so good, we decided to have breakfast there the following morning. It, too, was very fresh & tasteful food. My wife had a Belgian waffle which was so large she could not eat the entire waffle. I had the Little Breakfast consisting of eggs, sausage & toast. It is hard to make eggs & sausage a "break out" dish, but it was very satisfying.
Service was very attentive & we enjoyed both meals. Fun place to go when in Galveston.

• Visited July 2013
Galveston, Texas, United States
“Great Bakery”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We go like 4 times a month, I like the bakery items, like the blueberries muffins , short bread cookies,etc. I like the salmon salad, the pork chops. I always have great service, and the atmosphere is very nice.

• Visited October 2013
“A great recommendation from our daughter”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We went for breakfast while on vacation. The omelet and French toast were delicious. Our only complaint was the service was slow but we were on vacation so we weren't terribly bothered by it and we would return again.

Visited October 2013