“Great food, good service, would go again!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunflower Bakery and Cafe

Sunflower Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the heart of Galveston's historic East End.Featuring fresh Gulf seafood, homemade sandwiches, and the best bakery in town.The Sunflower is everyone's favorite neighborhood cafe.
“Great food, good service, would go again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I liked the bread that they serve as an appetizer - it was raisin walnut bread and you could tell it was baked fresh that day. I liked the food that we ordered (I had the chicken corncakes and my hubs had the pork chops with basil tomatoes while the kiddo had a burger and fries). All three plates were good. Prices were decent. I would return.

Visited September 2013

“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The young lady greeting people kept a smile on her face both days because she knows the food is worth the 30 wait!the food was unbelievably good and the to go bakery was off the chain!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Iphoneguy
“Best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The ambience was great, the food by someone who knows flavor. It's reasonable with large portions. He menu is incredible with great choices. It's family friendly and fairly easy to get to. It gets a little busy but worth the wait. The bakery is incredible with scrumptious selections. The belgian are only available on Weekends but are incredible. This is a not to be missed experience in Galveston.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Yodatravel
Austin, Texas
“Still the best breakfast in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visit Galveston one week every year, and we usually eat our breakfasts at the SunFlower Cafe. This year we ate 5 out of 6 breakfasts here, and really enjoyed it. The bread pudding french toast, the Migas, and lets not forget the Southern breakfast are all great choices. Save room for a muffin or scone while you are at it. In the past we sometimes ran into a wait person who thought a little too much of themselves, but mgmt seems to have worked those kinks out. All told, we really do love this place and will be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Azle, Texas
“Outstanding!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Words can barely describe how utterly delicious & perfect our lunch here was. My husband & I stopped by while on vacation. It was the first restaurant we visited, and it was by far the best even topping a higher end seafood restaurant that we tried later on. Hub & I had two of their lunch specials, which I understand change often for variety. I had pan-seared red snapper with vegetable side dishes, and hub had the grilled ling with rice & broccoli. Both were heavenly! Whoever comes up with their dishes KNOWS food and flavor. Delightful, and most unexpected from an unpretentious cafe. Atmosphere is very nice and makes you feel at home. Service was stellar. The biggest winner was the food. Did I mention the prices are unbelievably reasonable & the portions huge!?! Every other seafood restaurant we looked at in Galveston was twice the cost. I wish I had this place near my home. It deserves even better than its #4 spot on TripAdvisor.

1 Thank Tookiedogs1