“Oops!”

Sunflower Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the heart of Galveston's historic East End.Featuring fresh Gulf seafood, homemade sandwiches, and the best bakery in town.The Sunflower is everyone's favorite neighborhood cafe.
Coldspring, Texas
“Oops!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating at the Sunflower since before the move to their current location (at least 10 years). I have found the food to be high quality, well prepared and fresh. Today I had a Ruben Sandwich which was perfect! The slaw was outstanding! Even the French fries were remarkable. Then I ordered desert. This is, after all, a bakery! My eclair came to the table frozen. There was a frozen mass of filling in the center. Not right! The waiter was startled when I sent it back, but took it off the bill without question. He also informed me that Sunflower does NOT freeze their pastries. A short time later he came back and informed me that the temp of the pastry case had been "mis set" and the case was at 22 degrees! He apologized and thanked me for bringing it to the attention of the restaurant. I count the "Eclair Incident" as one minor aberration in YEARS of reliable quality. I include it to show only that when an error does occur, Sunflower Bakery accepts responsibility and makes it right. I have them top marks and will not hesitate to return. Great food at reasonable prices!

1 Thank bureaucrat377

Galveston, Texas
“Always a good choice”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Like always, the food was delicious. I had a waffle breakfast with poached eggs and they were wonderful (best poached eggs I've had were here - so I come back for them).

• Visited July 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I can early in the morning on a weekday so I can't say anything about their service when there is a crowd. I can say that service was excellent today and the Shrimp Omelet was outstanding! Definitely give this place a try!

Lewisville, Texas
“Delicious Breakfast!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Portions are huge. The Big Breakfast with chocolate chip pancakes was wonderful but could have been shared between 2 people. Whoops! Still ate almost all of it. Kids loved the giant cinnamon roll (so did I). Mimosa's were a little strong but that's alright by us.

Cypress, Texas
“We love this place!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

After visiting with a Galveston local, we tried the Sunflower Cafe for breakfast. The staff is helpful and friendly and the restaurant is very clean. The food is fresh, hot and prepared exactly as ordered. We enjoyed our meal so much, we've eaten there 4 times over several days. And every visit was a treat! You can't leave without trying at least one dessert; I recommend the Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie.