“What a surprise!”

Sunflower Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Dessert in Galveston
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Galveston's historic East End.Featuring fresh Gulf seafood, homemade sandwiches, and the best bakery in town. The Sunflower is everyone's favorite neighborhood cafe.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went in looking for a good breakfast. Found "The Big Breakfast." I'm a large man so I thought . . that's for me. Should be called " REALLY BIG WONDERFUL BREAKFAST." Wow, it way so good, but too much even for me. Then I did something I've never done. I had desert . . . a yummy Pineapple pastery. I waddled out with a big smile on my face. And, it was priced very reasonably. I can't wait to go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Cute casual place. We usually try to have breakfast or lunch at the Sunflower whenever we go to Galveston. Consistently good. Fresh tasty fare.

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Love the local flare and homemade items... Our food was great!!! Server a little sleepy but pleasant.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very poplar and can be busy, especially at weekends. Good breakfast and good service. It was a few blocks from our hotel (The Tremont) but it was a pleasant morning walk.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place has a nice atmosphere and our food was decent. A little bland for my tastes but not bad.

We had a pretty slow server (Yadi). I was a server for about 8 years so I usually give the benefit of the doubt to servers but not this time. We sat down and were greeted instantly and got our drinks in a reasonable amount of time. Once we ordered, however, it took 25 minutes to get our food. Mind you, we were there for breakfast. We ordered an omelette with breakfast potatoes and mangas (eggs with salsa, jalepenos, tomatoes and onions). Nothing crazy. The server never apologized for it taking so longor sent a manager over to talk to us. All the while guests that sat down well after us had already eaten and left by the time we were done with our food. Probably wont come back if we're in Galveston again.