“Delicious with attentive server and fun atmosphere”
Review of The M & M Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

The M & M Restaurant and Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 24th
Galveston Island, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious with attentive server and fun atmosphere”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had the best cocktail I've had on the island, nothing special just a well made drink. My dinner was excellent, fish taco - again the best I've had in Galveston. I did the two appetizer order for my dinner and also chose the fried green tomatoes with crab. I would give that a B, but you can bet I ate it all! The crab meat was just ok. My husband enjoyed his perfectly prepared steak salad.

If you have a chance, go over the menu on line before you arrive; there are fun choices. You'll notice, In addition, M and M has a $reasonable children's menu making it definitely kid friendly. I plan on taking our six year old grandson. Although this neighborhood bar has a cozy grownup feel to it with great lighting, etc., steaks, chicken and fish are available and super sounding inexpensive "baskets" can be ordered.

• Visited November 2012

Houston, Texas
“Disappointment on 10.19.2012”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Visited M&M years ago and decided to try it again. Atmosphere very good with entertaining guitarists. However that is where it stopped. Wife ordered grilled salmon which was raw inside. I ordered snapper which was dry. When calling waiter’s attention he offered to return the dish to the kitchen however part of the dish had been eaten before raw discovered and had no desire to return dish and try further. The main offense was no offer of a complimentary drink or any other offsetting offer. Doubt at this point we would have accepted however just the offer would have indicated an attempt to satisfy the customer. Not satisfactory meal and two glasses wine $100.00. We will not be returning.

• Visited October 2012
“Fresh food. Looking forward to going back.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

It was late on a Thurs night out w customers. Atmosphere relaxed love the hardwood floors. Food fresh! Red snapper was the hit of the night try the bread board w the duck outstanding. Great win list.

austin
“From great to average”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

First time here a year ago the place was packed and the food was fabulous. The service was outstanding and the food was probably the best on the island. This year, not many people and the service was on par with Chili's, with the exception that the waitress had to keep checking her cheat sheet to explain the dish and/or sauces....and then did not know of any "chefs specials", but could check.

Food was good, but you expect more at these prices. I also don't expect to have to ask for a wine list. In-short, this place needs some work to get us to come back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TikiTex
North Las Vegas, Nevada
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Food was good, service was good - the first day we went there, it was closed - but we went back and we were happy we did. Tasty and fresh!! The restaurant is a lot bigger than I expected it to be.

Visited October 2012