“LOVED IT”
other travelers have booked this property
Two Condos, Side-by-Side! 3 Bedroom's Balcony with View of Bay and Marsh
3 Bedroom Master Bath
3 Bedroom - 2nd Bedroom with Queen Bed & view of the marsh
3 Bedroom - 3rd Bedroom with Queen Bed
2 Bedroom Family room
2 Bedroom Master - with King Bed door to Balcony.  Has view of water & of stars and moon at tnight
2 Bedroom's Master Bath
2 Bedrooms 2nd Bedroom - 1 full bed, 1 twin bed, and a twin air bed
Beach Club sits on 3 miles of beautiful private beach!
Beach Club sits on 3 miles of beautiful private beach!
Work Out room at the Beach Club
Sunset at the Lazy River Pool
Condo has 6 kayaks for guests to enjoy free of charge
Kayaking in front of the Condo
Beautiful Private Beach within walking distance
Miles of beautiful clean pedestrian only beach!
Golf Cart - Condo has golf cart for guests to enjoy free of charge!
TAMU Sea Turtle Patrol on the Pointe West Beach!
Guest enjoying coffee in front of the condo
Sunset View from our Balcony
Another amazing view from the balcony
Birds at Sunset - sitting on the balcony, you will be able to see lots of birds
Guest using our Stand-Up Paddle Board
Our 5 Bedroom Condo comes with 6 Kayaks and a Stand-Up Paddle Board
Birders love our condo!! Roseate Spoonbills & Herons are frequently seen from our balcony.
Paddle Boarding a few yards in front of the conco
Photo of birds taken from the Balcony of the Condo
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Waco, Texas
“LOVED IT”
Reviewed May 18, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

We had an amazing time with family at this place. We had 2 condos between us and the views were amazing. So nice to sit on the porch in the mornings and evenings and enjoy the view. Beautiful sunset views. We had a blast kayaking and paddle boarding. We caught lots of crabs. We spent a lot of time enjoying the pools. I highly recommend this place!! The condos are VERY nice! Would suggest getting groceries before u get there as there is not a grocery store nearby. Book it and enjoy!

Management Response
May 20, 2017
Kate, We are glad you enjoyed the condos. Thanks so much for the kind review and for taking such great care of our place. We hope to see you back again next year! Lisa
Laura A
“Great for a Large Group - Fun for All Ages”
Reviewed February 15, 2017 for a stay in November 2016

The 5 bedroom/2 condo arrangement is great for a large group. It provides extra flexibility - plenty of room for everyone to gather in one place, but having separate condos allows for private/quiet space, too. And two kitchens is so helpful when preparing meals for a big group. There are activities for all to enjoy as well - simple walks along the beach, kayaking in the bay, fishing, lounging by the pool. Lovely location. Also a bonus that is is managed by its owners. They are very gracious and helpful.

Your age range 35-49
A1847PEpa...
“Fully outfitted condo with lots of extras like kayaks, and a beach buggy.”
Reviewed February 15, 2017 for a stay in October 2016

This condo faces the bay, there is a ever-changing view as the tides change. Easy wade fishing right by the condo. Great sunsets. Great for birders as the changing tides bring in different species. I have rented several condos and this one has the most thoughtfully provided kitchen items, bathroom and laundry supplies. There are enough plates and silver for a crowd. The kids enjoyed the,dvds, toys, and games. There are kayaks and crabbing equipment downstairs.

KazeyPhil
“Perfect vacation spot for our family of 12”
Reviewed August 19, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

I planned this vacation way back in January. I chose Galveston because it was close to my two daughters and their children who live in Austin. My son and his family could get a direct flight from D.C. To Houston. My husband and I could get there easily from Jackson, MS. After days of searching, I settled on Arthur's Beach and Bay...hoping it was the right choice. Boy, was it ever!! Everyone had a fabulous time! Our ages ranged from 70...that would be me...to 3. We had tentatively planned to go to Moody Gardens and other entertainment venues on Galveston Island...but no one wanted to leave our temporary piece of paradise. We swam, fished, kayaked, played games at the rec center, went to the beach, and rode the golf cart all around the beautiful area. Both condos were lovely and beautifully decorated. The owners were quick to respond to any questions and most gracious. There were games, DVDs, and books galore. The kitchen had anything a guest could possibly want.
Before we left on Wednesday, we were ALL talking about coming back next year.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Daniel J
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Great trip but greedy owner nickeled and dimed to keep security deposit”
Reviewed August 18, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Great location, nice view of bay, good accommodations with multiple families with young kids, ruined by greedy owner who created outrageous charges to keep our security deposit.we were charged 50 dollars to sort game pieces from old board game that spilled in a drawer. Then charged us 20 dollars per game to replace. Then charged 15 dollars to pickup a few things apparently my three year old threw over the balcony while we were busy packing. Then charged $10 for not emptying food in fridge (which cleaning crew said to leave in fridge when we offered to give them some cake so it would not go to waste). We were charged $ 25 per room for not emptying trash when the designated trash Shute was broken most of the week and we were told to leave it set out by it for worker to remove. When we arrived we moved delicate decorative pieces out of reach from kids so they would not break them. Like heavy binoculars that were on glass table. Owner charged for not returning them to original location.
They claim to be kid friendly with providing high chair and pack in play but charged 10 dollars in one room and 5 in another for not putting them away. We were charged 40 dollars per room for leaving at 11:40 instead on 11:00 . There was no way to ask for late checkout or and there was no prior mention there would be a fee. It is hard to pack up with three kids running around. Charged 10 dollars for not stripping beds. Charged $110 for stains on couch and floor which may have been there previously. Charged 10 dollars for broken vhs case! They claimed we " destroyed " a white comforter with pink stain $38 no documentation or picture. Then purple stain on wood $75 for" estimate to remove wood plank and replace" then $ 50 dollars for stain on marble coffee table again no proof. Mind you with three young kids we learned only to give kids washable markers. so not sure how we destroyed.
If you still want to rent from this owner bring your own bed sheets and cover couch because they charge for any stain. Do not play any game provided because they charge if pieces missing. Make sure place is cleaned from top to bottom prior to leaving as "cleaning crew" is mainly there to make checklist of things you did not do. Owner charged $280 cleaning fee. All toll they itemized our "damages" to $566 out of $700 deposit.
This place was not kid friendly and owner was greedy.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Good view
Liked least: Greedy owner, not kid friendly
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Aug 27, 2016
For anyone who reads this review – I hope you can see that with all of our other guests leaving raving reviews and with this one guest having issues – the problem is reflective of the guest and not the owners of the condo. It’s unfortunate, because we go above and beyond to provide a very very nice property with loads of extras. In each condo, we probably have 100+ DVDs, 20-30 board games, extra things hidden away like beach towels in case the guest forgets to bring their own towels, pack-n-plan and high chair that we don’t charge extra for, etc… Our cleaning fee is about $125/condo and covers the basic cleaning of bathrooms, kitchen, washing towels and sheets and making the beds and is in line with the cleaning fee charged by other owners who don’t provide all these extras. We don’t expect to have to clean the upholstery and carpets after each guest, we don’t to have to replace bed spreads after each guest, and we trust that if the guest uses any of the extras we provide, that they will return them to condition in which they found them. This is all written in our rental agreement and it’s posted on the refrigerator in each unit in case you forget, about what you need to do at checkout time to make sure you get your full deposit back. 99.5% of the time we have great guests who are trust worthy and very appreciative of all the extras we provide and 99.5% of the time our guests get their full deposit back. About once a year we have a guest who completely abuses our property, as occurred in this situation.

In this situation - When the cleaning crew called me I thought they were exaggerating, but when I arrived to find games thrown all over the condo and items thrown off the balcony, sticky syrup dripping off the table and tracked all over the condo, food all over the sofas, etc.. I was shocked. There was a box of cookie cereal and a glass with skittles candy on the counter. My guess is that whoever stayed in this unit left all the kids here unsupervised, feeding them syrup, cookie cereal and skittles. We had to haul out 5 bags of trash, and spent hours picking up this group. The even drug out personal items that we keep in the condo that were stowed away under the bed and just left these items out in the middle of the floor. Nice people don’t do things like this.

Next, I’d like to point that THE PERSON WHO SUBMTTED THIS REVIEW DID NOT BOOK THE CONDO. Someone else booked the condo (the reviewer must have been a guest of the person who made the reservation). Before anything can be retained from a damage deposit that is paid thru TripAdvisor, the guest who made the reservation has to be in full agreement with the deductions. Otherwise, TripAdvisor won’t allow the deductions. The person who booked the condo left early and was embarrassed by what horrible condition the remaining members of his party left the condo in. I talked to him by phone and emailed pictures and receipts and he was in 100% total agreement with the deductions. I offered to go back and take more photos, but he said that it wasn’t necessary - there was absolutely no dispute about whether or not the charges should be assessed and in fact he even asked me to send him the bill. If we were greedy, we would have taken your full deposit – there were numerous things that we didn’t charge for, for example a broken lamp, that we were able to glue back together, some broken games that were old anyway, a “classic” game that ended up being $50 or more to replace, the cost of my time having to drive in from Houston. But the biggest expense that didn’t bill you for was our out of pocket cost of having to relocate the guest who was supposed to be checking into the condo after you. Luckily we were able to upgrade them to another unit in the same building that was bigger and had a better view, but it cost us $700, so if we were really greedy we would have asked you to cover that cost as well.

Here’s the communication that I had with the person who booked the condo, before any charges were even discussed:

Dear Jerry, I am writing to let you know how disappointed I am with the way in which you treated our condos and the condition in which you left the property. I tried to call you several times on Saturday while you were still in the condo so we could resolve this, but didn't get an answer. Per our agreement: (1) checkout time was 11:00 (2) you were to follow the checkout instructions in the unit, which meant putting away all games, DVD, and accessories we provided for your enjoyment, (2) stripping all beds, (3) putting away the pack-n-play, high chair (4) and you were to take good care of the property. You didn't do any of these things. You were still in the property at noon, had not followed any of the checkout instructions, and the units were absolutely filthy. The 202 unit was in such bad condition that there was no possible way for the cleaning crew to get in ready in time for the next guest to check-in. We had to relocate that guest to another unit. I had to drive from Houston to Galveston to help the cleaning crew return the condos to proper order, so I not only saw all of the photos they were texting me as the arrived, but I saw first hand how bad the condition was when I arrived. When I got there, in unit 202, there was sticky syrup all over the dining table and all over the floor, as if someone had just poured syrup onto the table. The sofas and carpets were stained with food spills. None of the checkout instructions had been followed - pack-n-play was still out, beds were not stripped, towels were not in property place for cleaning to pickup. There were crayon marks on the floor. Someone had taken items from the condo and thrown them over the railing and they were laying out in the yard. I found our towels, toys, and kitchen items laying in the grass below the condo. The DVD's and games had all been dumped in to a drawer, so there were game pieces everywhere - all mixed together. Some of the games and drawers had food crumbs inside them. I found a piece to the domino set out on the balcony, so I opened the domino set and found all of the dominoes covered in black soot/black finger prints. I found game pieces all over the condo: on the balcony, on the night stand in the master bedroom and on the floor by the toilet in the master bath. Every surface in the condo, walls, windows, TVS, appliances, etc... was covered in dirty hand-prints. Several items were broken: (1) someone had smashed/stepped on one of the VCR cases. (2) there was a broken glass candle holder and glass fragments on the floor - in fact I got glass pieces in my foot when I walked barefoot on the floor (3) there was a lamp in the 2nd bedroom of 202 that was broken - we were able to glue it back together The cleaning crew thinks that you had more than 11 guests occupying the unit. They said they counted 8 in 103, and I think you had 6 in 202. That's 14, and your reservation was for 11 Here's what our rental agreement says: "An additional charge of $25 per person per night for guests in addition to 12 will be assessed to cover the additional cost of cleaning, utilities and normal wear & tear. In making your reservation, you stated the number of guests you would have in your party. Any additional guests must be approved by the Owner prior to your arrival. if you had 2 extra people, the additional charge for your stay would be $350. We can't prove you had extra people, so we aren't going to bill this, we are only going to deduct from your deposit for actually damages, which is repair of the broken items and for all the addition cleaning that had to be done because of your abuse and failure to vacate the unit on time and follow the checkout instructions. The 103 unit is clean now and I am waiting for the cleaners to send me a bill for their extra time. We are still in the process of putting the 202 unit back together. Angel's carpet cleaning is coming this morning to clean the sofas and carpet. As soon as we have all the bills in, we will be making a claim against your deposit for the extra cleaning charges. I have photos and if necessary will attach the photos when I send the claim for the damage. Sincerely, Lisa Arthur
Donna T
Rolling Hills Estates, California
“Winter Holidays With 4 Generations”
Reviewed January 7, 2016 for a stay in November 2015

The two condos were perfect for our group. They were light and airy, decorated pretty and practical, with a beach theme. Comfortable bedrooms, comfortable couches, well-equipped kitchen, large balconies, lots of TV's, board games, kayaks, bicycles, golf cart.
The club house was a short but scenic walk and had a gym, infinity swimming pool, long boardwalk to beach. We enjoyed rides on the golf cart around the property.

We also had some good meals at the nearby restaurant, which was next to a well stocked grocery store.

There was a good wifi connection, as we had computers, iPads, and cell phones.

And most important, the owner is helpful, caring, and easy to contact.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was so nice to return to the comfortable condominiums after our outings. Also the coded key pads enabled us to visit each other easily without keys and fuss.
Liked least: That the grocery store wasn't in walking distance.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Grammyand...
Stephenville, Texas
“Fantastic Place”
Reviewed July 15, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Our family spent four nights to celebrate my husband and my 50th Anniversary. We rented both condos for our three kids, their families, and us. We had a total of 16 including five teenagers and four small kids. Not once was anyone "bored." The condos are beautiful, clean, and have large rooms with all the extras you could want. I really appreciated the elevator since I am scheduled for hip replacement surgery in a few weeks. The owners provided a golf cart, kayaks, paddle boards, fishing equipment, life jackets, bicycles, and all kinds of things in the kitchen. The view and peaceful setting were great for relaxing and watching the kids kayaking and fishing in the bay. We used the golf cart to go to the swimming pools and lazy river at the Pointe Club. We also enjoyed playing in the Gulf, riding the waves, and building sand castles. There were TV's in every room and DVD players in most and large selection of DVD's. We thought being a few miles from the sea wall area might be a problem, but it was really nice being in a more private area. We went to town for seafood one evening, but enjoyed family meals the rest of the time. It was a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. Lisa, the owner was very helpful and pleasant to work with. I would highly recommend one or both of these condos to anyone wanting a wonderful vacation.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing