“Galveston Baymont Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Fridley
“Galveston Baymont Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Good place to stay the rooms were clean and comfortable. Their breakfast area was too small for the number of guests. Swimming pool was small and unheated. Hot tub out of order so we used the beach just was a short walk away.

Only interaction with staff was at check in which was very unfriendly and curt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for all the wonderful comments and helpful tips you have provided. Here at the Baymont we strive for excellence, and treat our guests with the highest standard of service. Thank you again for making Baymont your home away from home, we hope to see in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Houston, Texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, friendly folks, clean hotel and good location...Not sure how much it cost in the summer, but very cost effective for my stay this week. Certainly recommend staying here when visiting Galveston.. You can walk to the beach and I say again again, the staff is very friendly...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Pearland, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I booked a room for my birthday on Saturday night. The room looked nice when we checked in and everything seemed neat and clean. At 3:30 am I felt something on my arm but thought it was my hair. I kept feeling something on my arm so I patted my arm only to feel a squish between my fingers. I yelled at my husband to turn on the lights and saw blood on my fingers along with a smooshed bug. I jumped out of bed to take a shower and when i got out, there were several visible bugs on our sheets, our pillows as well as the other queen size bed in the room. After some research we found out they were bed bugs and decided to leave immediately. When we checked out we informed the front desk clerk and she said she would have maintenance check to " confirm" but maintenance wouldn't be there until 7 or 8. After we didn't hear from them my husband called the hotel in the evening only to have a different receptionist tell us there was nothing in the system for maintenance to check. We are outraged that we had to pay almost $200 for a room that was infested with bed bugs and they weren't doing anything about it. We have pictures to prove it yet we were not offered a full refund and were told that it wasn't in their control because other people bring them in. Horrible stay. Horrible hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Powana H
baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope to get another chance to better serve you in the future. But thank you for all the comments and helpful tips you have provided. Here at the Baymont we strive for excellence, and treat our guests with the highest standard of service. Thank you again for making Baymont your home away from home, we hope to see in the future.