“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2826 63rd Street, Galveston, Galveston Island, TX 77551   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Galveston
KILLEEN
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The room was much larger than I accepted. The balcony with 2 chairs was a nice touch to enjoy the evening breeze. Flat Screen TV was nice along with having a fridge and microwave. Would be perfect if the channel selection was updated and had a bit more choices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home, thank you for all the wonderful comments .

WILDOMAR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

For the most part, I did enjoy our stay at the Baymont. However, I was disappointed in the layout of the king suite with two queens. The door that separated the two rooms did not have a regular door knob and could only be latched from inside the king room. This meant, that when I left the room, I could not shut the door so that my husband could have quiet while he still slept. Nor could he go to bed before me with the door shut, as I would not be able to get into the room once the door was closed.

Our first impression of the hotel was that everything was fresh and new. This was largely due to the fresh paint in the downstairs hallways. It was soon apparent that the freshness stopped there. It seemed that there should have been caulking around the bathtub, and some fresh paint in our suite would have been nice.

Breakfast was simply all right. I had expected a bit more from the buffet, such as some scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage like the Holiday Inn Express provides. The waffles were a nice touch, and we got a kick out of their Texas shape, but when I went to pour my waffle their was only enough batter for 1/2 a waffle.

The location was very convenient, as it was near the Sea Wall and close to WalMart, where I needed to purchase some last minute items before our cruise. I was quite disappointed that there was no shuttle to the cruise terminal as I had been promised by the representative when I called to book the reservation. And the port was further from the hotel than I was led to believe by the website.

All in all, I had expected more when I made the reservation, but at least the place was clean and safe. The biggest plus was that we were able to fit all six of our family members into one suite rather than booking two rooms at other hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Well first of all thank you for all the helpful tips and comments, we are so glad you picked us as your home away from home. We apologize for all that was wrong and do hope to see you in the future.
Sanger, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here the Friday night before our recent cruise out of Galveston. It is located right off of the Seawall (about 1/2 block) and all rooms have balconies where you can see the water. It was a little hard to find as it is tucked back off of Seawall on a side street. Staff extra nice and helpful, rooms very clean and roomy, breakfast was good and location was perfect. Just down the street is a great Mexican Restaurant,"Tortuga" (a short walk) and Rainforest Cafe is within walking distance as well. Reasonably priced!! Well worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments , we hope to see you in the future.