“weekend getaway”

Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
BAYTOWN
“weekend getaway”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

room not what expected. furniture scratched up falling apart, walls were damaged. refrigerator shevling fell out when we opened the door. wont stay there again. had to check out a day early. thought we could have gotten some kind of credit but clerks said nothing they could do...pool nothing like photos also....really small. needs to be updated and repairs badly needed where there was water damage.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
sorry to hear your stay with us was less than satisfying, we will utilize all the helpful tips, and hope to service you in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
ROUND ROCK
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel about 2 years ago and the staff acted like they were doing us a favor by allowing us to stay there. We hoped to have the same room this new visit because we enjoyed the room (333) . When we arrived Jeffery greeted us with a smile and warm welcome. I requested that same room and Jeffery said the room was a suite and I had booked for a different type room but assured us that for just a few more dollars the room was available . Jeffery is one of the best desk clerks I've ever seen, he out shines the staff at most of the 4 star Hilton and high end hotels we have stayed with. He was helpful with questions about restaurants and attractions nearby.
I don't often rave about my stays but whatever happened here in the last two years (new management or ?) has made this a great choice for the money.
The maid staff did a great job and the staff was always busy cleaning the tile down stairs. (even saw a man cleaning the tile grout, wow!) Whatever you're doing there it's working

Kudos Baymont

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

thank you for the compliments on our staff we always strive for the best here at the Baymont, and we hope to see you again in the future.
SPRING
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband & I had a great getaway @ Baymont. The view was nice & the breakfast was standard. I wish they had some type of meat & more fruit choices for breakfast. The location was great because we were close to Walmart & restaurants. The staff was friendly & housekeeping was great. The room was clean & comfortable. Great value!! My husband & I will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
great value it is, thank you for choosing us, and for all the helpful tips, we hope to see you on your next visit
COPPELL
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great value in the middle of the week. Room was clean, and the one we had (335) was one of the few that also had a water view from the balcony. Combine it all with s free breakfast and a nice staff and what's not to like?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Just traveling, well you have came to the right spot, we are located in the center of everthing, thank you for staying with us we hope to see you next time
CORINTH
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This was my second stay at this paricullar hotel. the front desk staff a friendly, and helpful.The rooms are nice, and it is overall a great value (much cheaper than "Seawall Blvd hotels). The room had a slight musty smell this time. I guess this maybe expected of oceanside properties. My room was not cleaned the second day of my stay, and I notice the swimming pool lights were still not working after a year. The drier provided by the hotel is old and needs to be replaced. It left black marks on my clothes(not stains). These are minor complaints, but reduced my rating from very good to average. I feel the hotel would do well to spend some money on maintenance, and up keep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
these tips are very helpful and will be noted and taken care of , we hope to see you in the future . we apologize for needed repairs, thank you again for making the time to let us know how we can improve our property .
LOCKHART
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Baymount Hotel in Galveston. Initally, I was leary, but my stay turned out to be great! The only unclean detail that I saw was in the bathroom. On the nice granite counter tops sat a little light colored woven basket that held the sample soaps and shampoo, well mines was molded, right in the middle of the basket. When the cleaning service crew cleaned the room they put another clean washcloth into the basket and just covered the mold. Perhaps they had no idea what the black color in the basket was, maybe a little education would help or their eyes may need to be examined. I noticed the walls in the hotel had a lot of touch of paint everywhere. The third floor was stuffy, just as you exited the elevator, it could have been a little cooler, like the second floor. If you are looking for a real breakfast, do not go downstairs to eat theirs!!!! I was hoping for at least some powdered eggs or some microwave bacon, but no meat was served the entire 4 days. Overall, it wasn't too bad for the price I paid. I would recommend this hotel and I will choose this location when I returen to Galveston.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Well worth it, thank you so much for your helpful comments and suggestions, these suggestions have been noted and will be taken care, we always appreciate tips to better serve out guests.
Lincoln
Reviewed September 22, 2012

evert thing was excellent staff was very friendly and helpful
the only issue I have is that the bill was $6 more than my reservation I didn't say anything because I was very happy with the room and I didn't feel the 6 dollars was worth the time it would take to straighten out

1 Thank WILLIAM3Lincoln
baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Super stay wow great , thank you for your recent stay here at the Baymont and all the wonderful tips and comments, regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuble to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

And again thank you for choosing us, and we hope to see next time your in Galveston.