“Clean place, nice location”

Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I read a review that said if you call ahead you can have an early check in. I was staying on a Sunday night(Saturday night departures), and I did this, and was told they would try. We arrived at 1:30 pm and was told the room was not ready, but he called and the maids got right on it. 10 minutes we were in my room. While waiting a lady came in who booked her hotel the night before and evidently she called ahead and she said the desk clerk said she could cancel up to the day of check in. The man said they have a 48 hour check cancellation and no one could have told her this. The woman could not give a name, kept pressing and I guess to accommodate the woman, they gave her a refund, when the hotel was clearly in the right... but who knows? I thought the hotel showed a compassion I have not seen with some other hotels, that is for sure. I had a room on the 3rd floor facing the water with the balcony for this night.. for only $10 more so I took it. King room suite. It had a table with chairs, but we did not need it.
The bed was a king and was very comfortable. The amenities (soap, shampoo, coffee, ect) was something nice, nothing really missing. The towels were not 5 star.. but this was a 2 1/2 star hotel. The price was very good. Summer time Sunday night for just over $110 for probably one of their top rooms. Friday and Saturday nights are more for sure so if you can book non-prime it is cheaper. The pool was small, but it looked clean. We actually went to Palm Beach at Moody Gardens and spent the day Sunday. We saw a water spout this day, first "tornado" I have ever seen in my life. No winds.. slight rain, we did not feel in danger at all. 30 minutes later sun was shining and fun in the sun again. Breakfast was included, but I have stayed in many Galveston hotels..probably 20 or more and with over 1/2 of them, this is the norm. It is NOT in other cities, however. They have Waffles, cereal with fresh milk, yogurt, fresh pastry rolls, coffee, decaf and regular clearly marked, orange juice and others. There is no bacon or sausage. The place is within walking distance on the beach, although it is just off the seawall. There is no building in front of the sea, if I can remember, just a lot, about a block long or so. It is actually on 63th street, which there is no other entrance except on Seawall Blvd. I had to find this out the hard way. You can see the hotel from many streets around back, but this is the only entrance. Nice place for the price. First time I have stayed at Baymont. My wife and I liked it a lot. We will go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mattscards
baymontinngalveston, Front Office Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Galveston, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

your comments are very helpful to us , our location is pretty good on the island , we appreciate all the feedback and look forward to your return

Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed August 1, 2012

My husband and 3 kids stayed here last night as part of a mini-vacation to Galveston Island. I booked the room online and then called the hotel to inquire about early check-in, late check-out and getting a crib for our room, the lady on the phone was very nice- said checking in/out early or late was possible depending on the day and to call ahead of arriving to check, she also said cribs were limited and first-come first-serve. Check-in was listed at 4pm, we arrived at the hotel at 11am and decided to hit the beach first ( leaving our packed car in the parking lot and walked down the street to the beach), we arrived back at the hotel at 2pm and were able to check-in two hours early, Marisol at the front desk also said our requested crib was already in our room. The hotel was advertising a lower room price once we arrived, and when I asked, Marisol was happy to call her manager and was then able to match the advertised price and refunded the difference. They also pushed our check-out time back to noon giving us an extra hour on the beach the morning we left. Our room was better than I would have hoped for considering we were trying to cram 5 people in it; and while our balcony may not have had a view, it's direct sunlight did provide a great spot for drying out our swim suits and towels for use the second day. The photo on the website makes the pool appear larger than in real life, but it was very well kept, with a great hot tub- and pool towels were available at the front desk so we didn't need to use our room or beach towels. Breakfast was crowded, but the sweet lady who was working it kept it well-stocked and was quick with any clean-ups, we had a good breakfast for free- super helpful! I rated our stay 5/5- I thought I paid a fair yet reasonable price and felt as if the hotel staff were kind and helpful. I would stay again without a doubt.

Room Tip: Use the comments/request section when placing a reservation online when you need anything out of the...
2  Thank Eric H

thank you for all the wonderful comments, this feedback is very helpful in making guests stay comfortable as possible, thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We booked this room for a short Galveston trip. We had 4 people (me, my husband, and 2 children). The room with 2 double beds was not nearly big enough. The beds were pushed together on one wall and the tiny desk, TV, fridge/micro on the other with a tiny walkway in between. We wanted a balcony so that we could relax once the kids were asleep, but the full walls on each side of the balcony blocking any breeze, plus the exhaust from the A/C unit made this one so hot I couldn't stand to sit out there (on the 100 degree plastic chairs provided). The pool is tiny and the all tile walkway from the pool to the elevators is always wet (which is the same walkway you use for the standard entrance into the hotel). There were a ton of teenagers in the pool so we stayed away.

That being said, the ladies at the check-in desk were very polite. The breakfast was good (my son loved the Texas shaped waffles), provided that you live on an all carbs, no meat diet.

In short, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments , they are helpful to us in providing a more comfortable stay with us in the further , we will look into all the issues including the hot balcony area.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We needed a room because we wanted to stay another night in Galveston. Our options were limited, so we chose the Baymont Inn. The room was nice enough(very clean and maintained), however, the rest of the property lacked. The kids wanted a pool, but this one was quite small and got crowed very quickly. Our hallway on the 2nd floor also smelled very bad!--I am guessing mildew. Once we were in for the night, we had to listen to the sounds of the neighboring rooms' water running at various times (sounded like it was pouring down our walls) and the stomping of feet above us. It was not the comfortable stay we had hoped for.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor.
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Hotel has a great location but for the price the room was not a good deal. Refrigerator did not work and had a smell in our room. The staff did work to fix these items quickly. Breakfast was a hectic mess!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotel looks nice from the outside and yes the staff is somewhat friendly but the room was NOT at all what I expected. The room smelled, the AC did not work, and sheets & pillow cases did NOT smell fresh. To me they were used cuz they smelled musty. I'm sorry but will not ever stay there again.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed one night, had planned on staying two. The room was somewhat run down, and the pool looked dirty. I wouldn't let my kids get in the pool. The staff was friendly and responsive. The hotel is almost completely surrounded by parking lot -- almost no grass. It is set back and you can see the ocean down the street if you lean out the edge of the balcony.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family