“Very fun experience”

Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark
Ranked #12 of 103 things to do in Galveston
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I went to this water park about a week ago with a large group, all family. We had a great time. We arrived at 3p and by doing so received a discount rate. We stayed until closing at 8p. Lots of fun water adventures, plenty of parking and places to set up camp. Would love to go back again someday.

Schlitterbahn W, Public Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thanks for visiting and we are glad you like the park and had a good day.

Yes, you can save $10 off General Admission when you visit after 3 p.m. on any day (park is currently open until 8 p.m. each day). If you really the park and want to spend more time here, you can buy an all-day ticket on our website and save $3 per ticket. The total all-day ticket price when bought online is only $7 more than an Afternoon Admission ticket, so for a few buck more you can play for twice as long (10-8)

We hope to see you again this summer!

There are newer reviews for Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a fantastic day in the penthouse cabana. There are only two so try to book online early for your date. For around $300/day (weekend) we had a reserved parking space right at the front entrance and a reserved penthouse cabana with 2 quality beach towels, a bucket of 6 ice waters waiting for us, and table side wait service all day long. They give you a phone number to call to order cocktails, food, and they bring it up to your penthouse quite promptly.

The cabana had 2 lounge chairs upstairs, a hammock, a safe for your valuables, and a dining table with 4 chairs. Beautiful breeze and views all over the park. Downstairs there are 2 reserved lounge chairs if you want to lay in the sun. Bring music player to make your experience even more enjoyable. Cabana holds up to 8 comfortably. Go online to reserve and get prices. Weekdays are even cheaper and of course you can bring your own food and ice chest if you prefer, which makes that VIP parking pass at the front entrance even more valuable. Its truly a fun, luxurious way to enjoy a waterpark. Have fun!!

1  Thank PalmTree1221

Thanks for visiting and we are glad you enjoyed your Penthouse Cabana.

Penthouse Cabanas are new this year and we are thrilled to hear your wonderful reaction to this new service at the park. Yes, there are only two right now, so book early. Don't tell anyone (hehe), but you just may see more of these pop up at the park in the future.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I visited Schlitterbahn while on Holiday and had a truly wonderful time. We are a young couple (mid twenties) and my wife is handicapped by mobility issues. She can walk with a cane but has a very difficult time with long walks and climbing stairs so we use her wheelchair on trips that require a lot of walking. She also has a service dog for those specific tasks. While planning the trip we were having difficulty finding if the park had any accommodations for the physically disabled. We got in touch with someone via email and they explained some of the accommodations that the park has in place for those circumstances. When we arrived at the park we spoke with an operations manager who explained where all of the ADA access points across the park were (bridges, wheel chair ramps etc.) they even have an animal relief area for service animals to use the restroom so you don't have to leave the park. However, my wife and I made arrangements for our service animal because he couldn't go down any slides with him on it, as much as we would like to. My wife and i wanted to ride as many of the attractions as we could; so the park made arrangements for us to have two employees, Matt and Cory, come with us throughout the park and use a device called a "stair chair" that my wife could sit in and the employees carried her up the stairs so that she could enjoy the rides. These gentlemen Matt and Cory were extremely friendly and accommodating. They kept nice conversation with us through out the day and even would push my wife in her wheelchair when there was a slide that had a ramp. This made a world of difference for me both me and my wife because all we wanted was to enjoy our holiday like other people would without her disability and the staff at schilitterbahn made that happen for us. We were eternally grateful and made memories we will enjoy for a lifetime. However if you are handicapped and would like to make use of these accommodations I would suggest to go on a weekday to avoid the crowds and long lines. the stair chair is useful device but it needs room to operate and they are actually carrying the person up the stairs with this device. But It is a thrill to know that a theme park took such personal interest in our circumstances and helped us greatly. I would recommend this park to anyone wanting to visit a water park this summer.

5  Thank Robert B
Schlitterbahn W, Public Relations Manager at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Robert,

Thank you for visiting Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark.

We are so happy that our team was able to make your day a great one! It's always our goal to provide a wonderful experience for all of our guests, and we thank you for your kind words.

Matt, Cory and Kevin (our operations manager) are valued members of our team, and we will share your comments and recognize them for being so accommodating. They will be glad to know they contributed to making your day a memorable one.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was our second time visiting and just as the first it wasn't disappointing. We went early in the weekday from opening to close and the kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Here's my take on things:
We absolutely enjoyed the fact that you are able to bring in any food and drinks of your choice (no alcohol). There must have been alot of locals or people familiar with this rule because there were trays of food, huge coolers, watermelons, etc. Plus you never had a fear of anyone lurking or going through your things, everyone just kind of left everything out in the open, there are hundreds of tables, picnic areas all over the park to leave your things if you decided to not get a locker. BUT beware of the birds! If you leave food uncovered and you are not around, they will grab it!
The staff is absolutely amazing. From the ladies pushing you through the wave pool, the assistants with all of the water rides, every single attraction we were asked how our day was going and if we were enjoying ourselves. It was amazing and it made the experience that much more enjoyable. One worker on the Thunderbolt even gave a kid his had because he was so afraid and told him it would protect him! I mean you just don't see things like this typically. I wish i would have asked his name because it was something you just don't see.

My only complaint is while my family was in line to ride the boogie boards (not sure of the exact name) but the attendant was more impressed with showing his friends his new tricks while we waited instead of allowing us to enjoy the remainder of our time. Oh yea, and the cute blonde in line who told him she wanted to "learn as much as she could" as he allowed her 3 or 4 more times after wiping out. It wasn't fair, but i'm not the type to make a scene in front of my kids. But I'm not going to let that one bad apple spoil the bunch.

Although this is one of the smaller, older Schlitterbahn's, it was still alot of fun for our family and we are looking forward to making another trip.

We had age ranges from 4 years old to teenagers and there was enjoyment for everyone.

2  Thank Markeitha W

Thanks for spending the day at Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark. It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful day together, and we are glad we were able to provide some of the moments that contributed to a memorable day with your family.

We are located on Galveston Island near the Gulf of Mexico and the sandy beaches. The seagulls are always swirling around looking for opportunities, but we take measure to minimize their impact on the guest experience. Not only do we post signs throughout the park asking guests not to feed the birds, but we also use sound deterrents to keep them away. You may even see a fake owl or other creature in the park that is also used for this purpose. Even so, we highly suggest that you never leave your food uncovered because the seagulls will definitely want to pay you a visit.

We are sorry for your extended wait at the Boogie Bahn. It is such a fun ride, but it can only accommodate one rider at a time, so the wait can seem a bit longer than for other rides. Our staff is trained to provide our guests with great service, but sometimes one or two staff members need a reminder. Did you by any chance see the employee's name? If so, please email this information to me at galvestonfun@schlitterbahn.com and we take appropriate action.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I was told online and read reviews that schlitterbahn galveston gave a discount on tickets after 3 , we arrived at 5 only to be charged full price I had to pay for myself and 5 teenagers to stay in the park 3 hours , I did full research and read the reviews about tickets after 3 pm and after we traveled 4 hours to the park that wasn't the case the park was nice but did not compare to the new braunfel location it was a lot smaller more like an updated Hawaii falls beware!!!!!!!!

3  Thank Toni A

Hello and thank you for visiting Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark.

Yes, we do have a discounted Afternoon Admission after 3 p.m. each day. All-Day General Admission is $48.99 + tax, and after 3 p.m. it's only $38.99 + tax. For children ages 3-11, it's $38.99 + tax for an All-Day Admission and $30.99 + tax after 3 p.m.

Our system is configured to automatically charge the Afternoon Admission prices after 3 p.m., so if these are not the prices you paid, please contact me directly at galvestonfun@schlitterbahn.com and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

As you know, our New Braunfels park is in a one-of-a-kind environment surrounded by beautiful hills and spring-fed rivers. There will never be another park like it, but our other Schlitterbahn parks are unique in their own way.

The Henry family, our owners, grew up in the New Braunfels environment and wanted to recreate a river tubing adventure contained within a waterpark, which is exactly what they did at the Galveston Island park. You can float through a serious of rivers on more that a mile of interconnected waterways throughout the entire park without ever leaving the water.

Being located on Galveston Island, this park had more of a tropical environment with palm trees and beautiful landscaping. This park is partially enclosed in the spring and fall to create what has been voted "World's Best Indoor Waterpark" for six years in a row now, and just like all Schlitterbahn parks, parking is free, tubes are free and you can even bring your own picnics inside the park.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. This is not the type of review we are used to receiving, so we hope you will give us another chance soon.