“The sheets looked like they haven't been washed went pull...”

Days Inn & Suites Galveston West/Seawall
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Galveston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Galveston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel was wonderful. I only had a few issues. First of all people were running up and down the hall yelling at each other and secondly the door had too much light coming in around it. Other than these two items it was perfect. If I am ever in town again I will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel is brand new and the rooms are very clean and shiny-significantly superior to any other Days Inn I have previously visited. However, they have a price tag to match, and considering that the hotel is a good 10-15 minute drive from downtown Galveston, the majority of shops and bars, and the historic district, this did not seem justifiable. The hotel is also advertised as being on the sea wall but is actual set pretty far back, behind another hotel, so you can see the ocean but only from a distance. Breakfast was not up to much, and they did not have amenities which I would consider standard, such as the facility to print emails. Our TV also broke at one point, and we were given a dirty towel . While these may be teething problems, the location is the real nuisance - there is nothing much nearby so you need a car for absolutely everything. Only stay here if that doesn't bother you.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank RdeSilva
Denver, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

1st thing is, the hotel is NOT on the seawall. It is about 1 block off the shore, still not a bad view. I enjoyed the balcony beach view. The wall are made a cardboard it seems, I could hear everything going on in the room next to me. Good think I carry a White noise machine with me everywhere, so I was able to sleep. They did not have a roll in bed which is a negative. for the money, it wasn't a bad hotel. I would probably stay there again if I was on a tight budget.

Room Tip: there are a select number of rooms with balconies facing the water. Luckily I got one of them. Room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mpooyan83
Azle, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

We stayed from a Tuesday through a Friday morning...checkout is 11am. We got an excellent price booking through hotels.com. It is behind another hotel on Seawall Blvd, but we still had a view of the water. We liked the fact that it was newer and had wood floors instead of old dingy carpet. It was very clean, and when the staff members tidied up the room each day, they did a great job. The beds and pillows were comfortable. I didn't eat the free included breakfast, but my husband did once or twice. He said it was very limited. The only reason I am not giving five stars is because it isn't a five-star hotel, but it is a great value for the money!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a view of the Bay. Even though it's behind another hotel, you ca...
Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple