All reviews indoor pool across the street the mexican restaurant room was clean yogurt partial ocean view boiled eggs would stay here again make your own waffles free breakfast the ground floor hot breakfast the breakfast area seawall blvd small balcony nice breakfast fishing pier
Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

This Quality Inn is just okay. It is an older property that seems well maintained. It would do them well to renovate the outdated furnishings in the rooms though. My daughter could not even stay the night with us because; the fold out bed in the couch was so old, and wore out. It was totally unstable to sleep on for anyone! It was freezing cold and nasty out so; we didn't get to use the pool. It did look nice though!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
James M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2016

I am sorry about the sofa, I would sure like to know what room that was, because they were all changed in 6/2015. The furniture is refinished every winter, and we have thus far done 330K in renovations this year, including changing all of the beds. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

They couldn't find our reservation to start with. Next morning we didn't know what time breakfast was so we asked the front desk. It's at 7. We asked why so late? Carla at the front desk replied with "we are a business not a point of leisure." Not real happy with what she said or how she said it considering the whole point we came was for leisure. Refrigerator in room was making noise, I had to keep moving it to make it quite again. The room was comfortable. People were quite. The hotel is right across from the pier which was awesome.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2016

I want to start by apologizing for that remark, I'm not even 100% sure what that means. I have never heard her say such a thing, but I am not doubting what you say. She works the night audit, so she spends a lot of time working alone. We have the breakfast open here at 7AM, because being a vacation market, many of our guests get up late. We have anther hotel in Colorado, that has a different mix of guests, and we open at 6:30 their for our corporate crowd. I will make a point of discussing this with Karla. Thank you very much for staying with us, and again, I am sorry Karla made that remark.

Reviewed February 12, 2016

Based upon TA recommendations we stayed and requested room 521. It and 520 are on the top floor, away from the traffic noise. They are on the south end of the hotel and each has a window overlooking the gulf, as well as a sliding glass door to a balcony looking either at the sunrise (521) or sunset 520). I expect that the corresponding rooms on the lower floors are similar, but go for the top!

The hotel is 1/2 block back from the seawall, but that is a plus if you are high enough. Staff were courteous and helpful. Did not partake of the breakfast since there are excellent restaurants for breakfast (Millers).

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

I'm glad you had a good stay. Those rooms are very popular, and there have been battles fought to get them! LoL. Thank you for staying with us, and for the very nice comments. we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2016

Stayed the night of January 25, 2016. Got a queen room. Front desk staff were super friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay and definitely will stay at Quality Inns & Suites in Galveston again!!!! The breakfast needs a little choice and work, but overall I had a great experience.

Room tip: 5th floor was a better view and very quiet for me.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

we appreciate your taking the time to share your comments. If you have the time, please feel free to call me. I would love to hear what we can do to improve the breakfast from a guest point of view. We really appreciate your staying with us!

Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I headed down for Mardi Gras in Galveston. We had never stayed in this one before. My husband used Choice points and got a king room. The balcony was very good and had a nice view. We were in room 515. The people at the desk were very sweet and helped us navigate the Mardi Gras successfully.

1  Thank mandiemo81

I am glad you had a good stay...Happy Birthday! we hope to see you again soon. Thank you very much for staying with us!