“Quality Inn -Their name says it all!”

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #9 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Towanda,KS
“Quality Inn -Their name says it all!”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Quality Inn saved our vacation! In December I got online to plan our vacation to Galveston. I found a really good deal on a hotel . It had a score of 5 out of 10 on Booking.com so I was kind of Leary , but we love just spending time at the beach and mainly use our hotel for just showering and sleeping so I went ahead and booked the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel to check in everything looked fine. The lobby was clean and the manager was civil. Our rooms were on the back of the hotel . As we were driving around the hotel I noticed a small fenced in area in the corner of the parking lot. Later I found out it was the "pool." Our room was adequate upon first sight I pulled the blankets back and looked at the sheets and they appeared to be clean . There wasn't any mold to speak of in the bathroom either. As we climbed into bed later though we found burned holes on our blankets and lots of dirt by the headboard ,gross! I wondered why at the checkout desk there was a sign that said something about if you are not satisfied with your room let the desk clerk know within the first 15 minutes ! Our first night we walked down the driveway to Seawall Blvd just to see the beach. We came across a cool looking colorful pier and walked down it into a little shop where we bought packaged ice cream. There were photos all over the walls of people with huge fish and even a shark! We found out later it was the Historic Pier 61. The owner was super nice and even let us look around the outer pier deck! Our night at the hotel was uneventful. The beds were a little dippy to the middle but OK for the price. About 4:00 in the morning a storm went rolling through and we found out how thin the walls were! We could hear everything. Next came the extremely noisy seagulls! Not much sleep after that. The next morning we went to the lobby for our free "breakfast buffet." What a joke! It was Tang and a packaged tiny muffin or bun. We ended up going to McDonalds which added a lot of expense for seven people! The rain continued off and on all day so we weren't able to get into the water until the afternoon. That night the seagulls were at it all night! We also found out that the weird yard behind the hotel was actually a graveyard! Creepy! The next morning we didn't even attempt the breakfast buffet. Ha ha! We went to the Waffle House instead. Yummy! While we were waiting for our food I noticed a huge picture of a delicious looking breakfast . It was a billboard for Quality Inn. I asked the other members of my party what they thought and by the time breakfast was served we had reservations for the next day at Quality Inn. Needless to say after our first hotel Quality Inn was like a fairy tale castle! The rooms were clean and modern. We got the best view in the whole hotel! The staff was awesome and the breakfast was so good! The indoor pool came in very handy to entertain our three kids when it was raining outside . On the last day there I actually looked online to book it again for next year because I wanted our same rooms but it was already full! Bummer! When I spoke with the desk clerk at check out she said all hope was not lost, I could call the manager to see what could be done! So I need to sign off now and go make that call! Thanks for reading my review!

Room Tip: Ask if they have any rooms with views of the beach available . The balcony is awesome!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
I am glad we were able to help salvage your vacation. Your nice comments will serve to further drive our staff to be the friendliest on the island :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2014

You know, this is not a top-rated, 4-star hotel. But on Sunday, 5/25/14 when the San Luis Hotel gave up our room and we found ourselves without a hotel room on the eve of Memorial Day (and all other comparable hotels were sold out), we checked into the Quality Inn on Seawall @ 61st Street and found our 4-star hotel! Where the San Luis Hotel "blew it" in customer service, the folks at Quality Inn made up for it. They were sooooo pleasant! Our room was clean. It's just your basic, average hotel room - nothing fancy. But it was very clean, the beds were nice and comfortable, and the air was COLD! It met our need when had a need for a hotel room. In fact, they were quite sympathetic to the fact that San Luis gave up our hotel room when we had a reservation, so Quality Inn gave us $20 off our rate, we didn't even ask them to do that! I will always remember how kind these folks were to us that day. There's not a full ocean view, it's a partial ocean view but it was very nice! (see photo). And the hot continental breakfast was good! Great job Quality Inn - great job!!! :-)

Room Tip: The hotel gave us a handicap room (not much available at 6:00pm on the eve of Memorial Day weekend...
1 Thank Pamela G
I will be sure to share your very kind comments with my staff, they will be thrilled. I am really glad to hear you had a good stay. We hope to see you again!
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Myself and my wife and 2 teenage girls decided to chill out for 3 days in Galverston after cruising last month. I have nothing bad to say about Quality Inn Galveston. The reception people were all helpful and friendly. The rooms we had both being a nice size and clean. The location is very good, being just of the beach. This meant I could get a few good runs, along the beach walk way. Never any problems with parking the car.

1 Thank David E
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am glad to hear you had a good time. It was pretty rainy this past week, but we have been in such a severe drought, we were happy to see it. I hope you were able to make time for the big AIA Sand Castle competition. Hope to see you again!
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We did a quick little getaway for my father in law. The room was vlean, spacious, and comfortable. Across the street from the pier and next to several restaurants. It's also quiet. Had a nice balcony with chairs.

• Stayed May 2014
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
We appreciate your kind comments, and that you stayed with us. I can only assume from the title of your post that you have lost your mother, and we would like to express our condolences. It is always hard to lose a parent.
DFW
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Balconies are oddly shaped to give most rooms an oceanview. I didn't have any trouble parking like other posters. Did not have time to try the indoor pool. Provided a free pack n play for baby. Clean, comfortable, no problems for a quick pre-cruise stay. Walked across street to the beach.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bllrm
Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts on your stay. We are happy you decided to stay with us, and we are happy you had a good time!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My Boyfriend and I recently visited this hotel. We had stayed three nights . Our first night checking into the hotel ,the front desk were very unhelpful, and very unprofessional on top of it . The elevators were incredibly slow . Not to mention being that I have been in the hotel business I could not believe how the management and front desk, and housekeepers treated not just us , but other guests as well. Another thing was , was that we had our privacy slip out on the door our entire stay because we valued our privacy and wanted the housekeepers to be notified of that as well. In our hotel room little things had been moved around and the trash had been taken out and that's when things became uncomfortable knowing that some staff didn't value our privacy , and that is when we knew that some staff had been in our room while we were out on seawall .
Then things started to unravel even more. My boyfriends wallet had got stolen from the hotel on our last night of staying at the hotel , not to mention earlier that morning we saw a housekeeper go into some other guests room that had a privacy slip on it , just knocked , and walked right in ,and the front desk and management we're not helpful in any way , shape , or form with the issue. So as we were checking out my boyfriend drove the car up and pulled it to the side so other guests could get through , and mind you we have our room number on our car for the hotel to know what room we were staying in and as we were checking out the Manager , and front desk did not even ask us how our stay had been ect. Except for the manager James asking us if that was our vehicle because he was just about to tow it , and threatening that we move the vehicle or it would be towed . We had both apologized , but the manager just kept going off about where our vehicle was parked, and that he had been calling each room to figure out which vehicle it was. when there was more than enough room for guests to go around us as we were just trying go load our stuff into the car to leave. As we were about to get into our car a guest named Mark had asked us if the Manager James had been rude to us as well , and we replied yes. As we were talking the manager came out telling us that we both were not welcomed back to there hotel and that if we didn't leave right away our car would be towed. So for this we were very disappointed with our stay .
Also if I were you , even though the location and price may seem great , but it is not worth getting treated the way we did , not to mention sirens and police outside our balcony dealing with gang related activity and such . It would just be better off that if you want to enjoy your stay , and not have to worry about issues as I've listed above , you'll pick another hotel on seawall blvd besides this one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank amykins10
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
I accept that mistakes happen, and that no hotel is perfect, and I generally accept the comments that are posted here because it is everyone's prerogative to post their opinion, and if there is a problem with the room, you have every right to let others know. However, I must take exception to these false comments. You told your boyfriend in front of us, that you thought he left his wallet at a place you went to eat off property, so you have no idea where you lost it, and never accused of anything until the incident with your car. Also, you did not have a DND order posted for your room, nor did you approach management at any time to comment about this. You told the front desk at checkout that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. You did not get angry with the hotel until your car which was parked in the center of the front parking ramp, was going to be towed if not moved. It was parked directly in front of a "5 Minute" parking sign, and had been there for about 30-35 minutes, and people were having to back down the ramp because they couldn't get past your car. Since this is a one way parking ramp, this was creating a dangerous situation for other guests who were forced to back into oncoming traffic. We have photos and video tape to prove this. As for gang related activity, there was none reported, so I have no idea what you are referring to. This is not a bad area of the island. As for my attitude, I would suggest that people reading these comments read the all of the very positive comments from other guests, we take great pride in going the extra mile to take care of our guests. If this were true, we would not be so highly recommended with over 450 comments. I am sorry I had to dispute these comments.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2014

All I have to say is I was EXTREMELY suprised in a GREAT way!! I've never been to Galveston before and had no idea where to say. Im usually a Holiday inn or Omni Hotel type of person. I took a look on Trip Advisor and noticed this hotel was rated very high. Was a little uneasy about it at first, but I would come back and stay here in a heart beat! Great location, great place, and the staff was extremely friendly! 5 STARS!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael B
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
We are thrilled to hear you gave us a chance, and enjoyed your stay. Our goal is always to be the friendliest hotel on the island, and it is gratifying to hear we succeeded with you. We really appreciate the kind comments! Best Regards, James Marx, GM