“Taking it easy after the cruise”

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
“Taking it easy after the cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Myself and my wife and 2 teenage girls decided to chill out for 3 days in Galverston after cruising last month. I have nothing bad to say about Quality Inn Galveston. The reception people were all helpful and friendly. The rooms we had both being a nice size and clean. The location is very good, being just of the beach. This meant I could get a few good runs, along the beach walk way. Never any problems with parking the car.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank David E
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
I am glad to hear you had a good time. It was pretty rainy this past week, but we have been in such a severe drought, we were happy to see it. I hope you were able to make time for the big AIA Sand Castle competition. Hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

We did a quick little getaway for my father in law. The room was vlean, spacious, and comfortable. Across the street from the pier and next to several restaurants. It's also quiet. Had a nice balcony with chairs.

• Stayed May 2014
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
We appreciate your kind comments, and that you stayed with us. I can only assume from the title of your post that you have lost your mother, and we would like to express our condolences. It is always hard to lose a parent.
DFW
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Balconies are oddly shaped to give most rooms an oceanview. I didn't have any trouble parking like other posters. Did not have time to try the indoor pool. Provided a free pack n play for baby. Clean, comfortable, no problems for a quick pre-cruise stay. Walked across street to the beach.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bllrm
Thank you for taking the time to give your thoughts on your stay. We are happy you decided to stay with us, and we are happy you had a good time!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

My Boyfriend and I recently visited this hotel. We had stayed three nights . Our first night checking into the hotel ,the front desk were very unhelpful, and very unprofessional on top of it . The elevators were incredibly slow . Not to mention being that I have been in the hotel business I could not believe how the management and front desk, and housekeepers treated not just us , but other guests as well. Another thing was , was that we had our privacy slip out on the door our entire stay because we valued our privacy and wanted the housekeepers to be notified of that as well. In our hotel room little things had been moved around and the trash had been taken out and that's when things became uncomfortable knowing that some staff didn't value our privacy , and that is when we knew that some staff had been in our room while we were out on seawall .
Then things started to unravel even more. My boyfriends wallet had got stolen from the hotel on our last night of staying at the hotel , not to mention earlier that morning we saw a housekeeper go into some other guests room that had a privacy slip on it , just knocked , and walked right in ,and the front desk and management we're not helpful in any way , shape , or form with the issue. So as we were checking out my boyfriend drove the car up and pulled it to the side so other guests could get through , and mind you we have our room number on our car for the hotel to know what room we were staying in and as we were checking out the Manager , and front desk did not even ask us how our stay had been ect. Except for the manager James asking us if that was our vehicle because he was just about to tow it , and threatening that we move the vehicle or it would be towed . We had both apologized , but the manager just kept going off about where our vehicle was parked, and that he had been calling each room to figure out which vehicle it was. when there was more than enough room for guests to go around us as we were just trying go load our stuff into the car to leave. As we were about to get into our car a guest named Mark had asked us if the Manager James had been rude to us as well , and we replied yes. As we were talking the manager came out telling us that we both were not welcomed back to there hotel and that if we didn't leave right away our car would be towed. So for this we were very disappointed with our stay .
Also if I were you , even though the location and price may seem great , but it is not worth getting treated the way we did , not to mention sirens and police outside our balcony dealing with gang related activity and such . It would just be better off that if you want to enjoy your stay , and not have to worry about issues as I've listed above , you'll pick another hotel on seawall blvd besides this one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank amykins10
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
I accept that mistakes happen, and that no hotel is perfect, and I generally accept the comments that are posted here because it is everyone's prerogative to post their opinion, and if there is a problem with the room, you have every right to let others know. However, I must take exception to these false comments. You told your boyfriend in front of us, that you thought he left his wallet at a place you went to eat off property, so you have no idea where you lost it, and never accused of anything until the incident with your car. Also, you did not have a DND order posted for your room, nor did you approach management at any time to comment about this. You told the front desk at checkout that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. You did not get angry with the hotel until your car which was parked in the center of the front parking ramp, was going to be towed if not moved. It was parked directly in front of a "5 Minute" parking sign, and had been there for about 30-35 minutes, and people were having to back down the ramp because they couldn't get past your car. Since this is a one way parking ramp, this was creating a dangerous situation for other guests who were forced to back into oncoming traffic. We have photos and video tape to prove this. As for gang related activity, there was none reported, so I have no idea what you are referring to. This is not a bad area of the island. As for my attitude, I would suggest that people reading these comments read the all of the very positive comments from other guests, we take great pride in going the extra mile to take care of our guests. If this were true, we would not be so highly recommended with over 450 comments. I am sorry I had to dispute these comments.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

All I have to say is I was EXTREMELY suprised in a GREAT way!! I've never been to Galveston before and had no idea where to say. Im usually a Holiday inn or Omni Hotel type of person. I took a look on Trip Advisor and noticed this hotel was rated very high. Was a little uneasy about it at first, but I would come back and stay here in a heart beat! Great location, great place, and the staff was extremely friendly! 5 STARS!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael B
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
We are thrilled to hear you gave us a chance, and enjoyed your stay. Our goal is always to be the friendliest hotel on the island, and it is gratifying to hear we succeeded with you. We really appreciate the kind comments! Best Regards, James Marx, GM
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for Friday saterday and checked out on Sunday, as soon as my wife and I got in our room we heard noise from the room above us but we left the room after we unpacked our bags, we went out on the sea wall to walk on the beach and have a romantic dinner on the sea wall, then we took in a movie we got out of the movies went back to the room around 2:00 am tried to go to bed but we noticed the loud noise coming from the room above us, then the second night was Even worse, my wife and I called front desk 2 times threw out the night first time 12:00 am second time 2:00am the clerk at the desk said she would call the room above us both times but clearly nothing was done about the loud jumping on the beds and floor and door slamming constantly sounded like a war going on above my room, so for 2 nights my wife and I went with out sleep so there for we had to miss out on a lot of stuff during the day light hours just to try and get some rest, come to find out the management told my wife and I that they had a high school band of teenagers staying there, so it was clear that the hotel management was only concerned in quantity of customers staying and not the quality of the stay for there customers, this was my wife and my 20th anniversary and I was just trying to do every thing in my power to make my loving wife happy, but honestly to tell you the truth this was the worst anniversary out of 20 years my wife and I had all to do with the hotel stay and not getting the rest threw out the nights we needed. Ps. If you want a peaceful stay and rest at night please I urge you don't stay at this hotel sincerely mr Louis Senkyrik

• Stayed May 2014
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Mr. Senkyrik:

I am sorry about the noise from this school group. We are a beach community, and this is something that sometimes happens in this area, at all of the hotels. We take noise problems seriously, and it is not uncommon for us to ask guests to leave over noise issues. We did ask them to settle down, and we did ask a couple of their rooms to move to lower floors so they would not be over anyone, and this seemed to help. Noise issues are the primary reason that we accept extremely few groups, often it just isn't worth it. I issued you a credit while you were still at the hotel for the inconvenience, and made you aware of this. Again, I am sorry there was this issue, and I hope you will give us another try in the future. Thank You, James Marx, GM
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

We just checked in last night and the process was very smooth. All hotel staff have been very friendly and the rooms are very clean! No issues or complaints so far. This is our first trip to Galveston and we will definitely stay here when we return.

1 Thank Thekings2
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
I am glad to hear your stay is going well, and we appreciate the nice comments. Please feel free to ask for me at the hotel if there is anything you need.