“Nice staff and location”

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Granbury, Texas
“Nice staff and location”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel with a great location! We've stayed here before and my only complaint is they took out the hot tub and it's still advertised on hotels.com & Orbitz as having a hot tub! The management needs to contact these second party booking sites and update their information! That said we had a pleasant stay! If having a hot tub is important to you don't stay here, otherwise I would recommend this hotel, for its excellent location and helpful staff!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. It is a shame that the third part websites are so difficult to work with. They are required to pull their information from our own Choice Hotels website, and they don't do it properly. We removed the hot tub from our website back in August 2013, and ever since we have tried to get these sites to fix this issue, but this is the old "you are small & we are big, and we will do what we want" situation. For future information, these third party sites give you the same rate you would have gotten straight from the hotel, because that's where they get them, and then they take a percentage out and send us the rest. As you found out from their false information, they can not be trusted to always have the most current information, so it is always better to call us or book through Choice directly. If you do decide to continue to use these sites, it is never a bad idea to call the hotel after booking to verify that everything is, as they show it. I am sorry you had this problem, we hate to see unhappy guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Was unable to check into our other hotel May 4, 2014 because of down reserv sys. Very frustrated and walked next door to the QI and the reservation clerk, Aneta, was extremely helpful and had that "can do" attitude you just don't see very often. Galveston was absolutely PACKED with people so most places were booked full. Aneta not only was able to get us a room but had a very competitive price with our failed hotel. Room was very nice and quiet.
A/C didn't work very well and when checking out the next morning I mentioned this and the desk clerk was not only very concerned, she gave us a small discount.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for sending in this review. It is always nice to hear from our guests, and doubly so when they had a good stay. We really appreciate your staying with us, we know you have lots of options.
Arlington
Reviewed May 11, 2014

On May 4th, we were booked at Red Roof Inn, after three hours and three times trying to check in, we went next door to find a fabulous front desk person, Aneta was so helpful, she booked us in two rooms next door to on another and we were in a room in five minutes!
I visit Galveston about every two months to fish and the pier is across the street!
Thank you Quality Inn for providing a nice pre cruise hotel ! A/C was not cooling as well as we liked, we told them at check out just so maintenance would know and they deducted $20 off room.
Customer service!!!

Room Tip: Request floor #1
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
We really appreciate your nice comments, and I am happy to see our staff took care of you!
Reviewed May 5, 2014

TO be honest, had I been able to write the review Friday night, Saturday morning.. It would have been a very positive review. VERY happy review. But, at this point I am livid. I booked the room with a debit card. Upon booking I made it very clear I would be paying with cash upon arrival. When we arrived, again I made mention that I was paying cash. I did, $195.45. I was advised we needed to put a card for incidentals in the event we should have any. We did. Once we checked out on Saturday we proceeded with our day only to realize we had no money. We had only left the money we could spend on that card. WE couldn’t continue on with our plans. One day away may not be a lot to some people, but it was huge for us. BUT, with no access to any more money, we were forced to leave. I called the hotel and was told it was ran because we arrived after 4pm.. But, it would be released in a few days! UGH........WHY THE HECK WASNT I TOLD THAT upon check in? I would have kept the cash instead. BEING on a budget shouldn’t cause people to miss a great time.
I work at a large company with many, many co-workers that visit Galveston often.. I can say, I will not be giving any positive feedback now. Really upsets me that I bragged all over social media regarding the facility before I was aware of this!
Oh, and we are getting married in Galveston soon... really was excited about booking again there, but NOPE!
Signed, disappointed newly engaged couple
The Stephens

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle A
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I am sorry you had a debit card issue. When a guaranteed reservation is made, the reservation is sent to the hotel with only the last (4) digits of the credit card and the type of card, it does not make a distinction between a debit card or a regular credit card, so only the cardholder knows what type of card it is. A card is necessary for reservations, because it is the only way to ensure we aren't turning away other guests to hold a room for someone who may never show up or call to cancel without it, and lose money. All hotels need to take guaranteed reservations seriously, because if you show up for a guaranteed reservation and we don't have the room, we then need to find you a room elsewhere, pay for that room, pay for (2) phone calls...one to your home, and one to your business to let them know you aren't at the same hotel, and pay for transportation to the other hotel. So the hotel in turn has the right to make sure that credit card we were given for the room will bear the charges if a guest doesn't show up and we hold the room all night. So we get an authorization for the first night's room & tax before a guest ever comes to the hotel, usually within 24 hours of arrival. For us, it is just an authorization, and nothing is actually charged until check-out, but for a guest with a debit card, the bank treats authorizations as an actual check written, and takes the money from your account. When you came to check-in, they had no way to release the authorization until check-out, and since we never see the card when you pay cash, we don't know it is a debit card. We release the authorization immediately when you paid cash, but for whatever bank reason, they take 3-5 days to put it back in your account. This policy has nothing to do with the hotel, and it is beyond our control. This is true of ALL hotels. I am very sorry you got caught in this web, and that it affected your trip, but this is not an unprofessional, unethical or unusual practice in our industry. I am sorry this messed up an otherwise great stay. Best Regards, James Marx, GM
Cleburne, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We stayed here on Easter weekend. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us. I had messed up our reservation when I made them and they corrected my mistake and gave me a. Great room with a nice view. I was extremely pleased with the staff and our room. Only negative was the breakfast, it was your standard LIGHT breakfast, nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor or above so that you have a view of the ocean. I prefer the East s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for staying here. We are always changing the breakfast, and exploring new options, and we appreciate the feed back.
Belton, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

I admit I am a hotel impossible fan so I really check places for cleanliness. This hotel was really nice. Room was big, very clean. Staff was friendly, check in prompt. Location was good. Literally 2 minute walk through the hotel next doors parking lot to a beautiful Kroger grocery with a Starbucks that opened at 6am . My only ding would be- no outdoor pool or seating area. Indoor pool under the building in the garage. We had some nice evenings and it would have been nice to sit by a pool. The posted photos by reviewer actually show the pool from the Red Roof Inn next door. The other thing was very strange small pillows on the bed. Every time I turned over my head was off the pillow. Interrupted my sleep both nights. Other than that absolutely no complaints.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Siobhan L
Journeyman1234, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
I appreciate the kind comments, and I apologize my staff didn't mention that we have an agreement with the property next door for the guests to use their outdoor pool, as well as our indoor pool...it is the best of both worlds. I will look into the pillows, maybe I can make a change. Best regards, James Marx, GM
Voghera, Italy
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed in March for 3 nights. Everyone on the staff was friendly.
We had a top-floor room. The room was big and there was a balcony with great view as well.
Standard continental breakfast. Free parking. Really good price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank bonny3000
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we really appreciate your staying with us.