Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$128
$117
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
$80
$85
  • Beachfront
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$87
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$199
$131
$125
  • Restaurant
$138
$134
The San Luis Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
$269
All reviewsindoor poolwafflesacross the streetroom was cleanpartial ocean viewwould stay here againparking lotking suitefree breakfasttop floorhot breakfastsmall balconyseawall blvdthe breakfast areafishing pierhot tubgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2014

No hot tub as stated in the advertisement, the staff was rude, yellow caution signs everywhere instead of drying the floor in those spots. They have substandard beds that will hurt your back, pillows are just awful and rooms have an odor that rivals the smell of my son's hockey equipment.

I would not EVER recommend this place to anyone, which includes those I call my enemy. Clean this place up!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank johnathan f
Journeyman1234, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Well I am sorry you were unhappy with our hotel, but I need to answer a couple of your comments:
1) We do not advertise a hot tub, because we don't have one. If you booked on some third part site, they may have bad information. I can assure you it isn't on our site or ChoiceHotels.com., and those are the only sites we have any control over.
2) Those yellow "wet signs" are there for the protection of our guests, and we use them any time the floor is wet, like when we are mopping, or when people walk from the pool through the lobby. They are meant to keep people from slipping on water they didn't know is there.
3) Beds are very subjective, most of our guests like our beds, but no bed or pillow will make everyone happy. Some guests like them soft, while others like them hard.
4) I don't know what smell you are referring to, as you gave us no chance to address any of your concerns while at the hotel.

We take pride in this property, and as you can tell by the overwhelming number of positive comments we get, we are in large part successful. However, that being said, we are not perfect, and we appreciate the comments we get from our guests, because they help us identify areas where we can improve. Best Regards,
James Marx, GM

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed here from March 28-March 30 2014. This was a trip to celebrate my birthday and spend time with my daughters who live in Galveston. Check-in was easy. It was late when I arrived and there were not any parking spots close to any entrance and there I traveled alone. I was not really uncomfortable but Maybe I should have been. My room was fine and the maid service was friendly and helpful. I am a scent sensitive person and I requested no air freshner when I made my reservation. There was never a slip up. I was very grateful for that. Breakfast was okay.I ate there on Friday morning. The rest of the time, I went out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed here for four nights and would again. The rooms were clean with a fridge and microwave, as well as a balcony with a view of the gulf. Other than the occasional motorcycle buzzing through the lot, the property was quiet. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was spacious and not prone to crowding, breakfast itself was good, a bit limited, but very good considering it was a free continental breakfast.
As for the location, it is on a very busy road with an extremely busy intersection, but there is a less crazy intersection about a block away. It's only about 5 minutes from the Strand.

All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here prior to a cruise. Clean room, a little dated. Hot water in the shower, clean bathroom. DirectTV with HBO and Cinemax. We had a top-floor room with an outstanding view. Nice balcony. Excellent customer service. Ample free parking. Standard continental breakfast. Good value.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank billb1959
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel following a cruise. The hotel allowed us to park our vehicle there free of charge for the duration (7 days) of our cruise. This hotel is centrally located and easily accessible. The pool was very warm and never busy. Room was large and clean. Very inexpensive - as we were there during a quiet time. Breakfast was included and was very good with lots of selection. Would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014