“Great Place for a family”

Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We attended a wedding and most of the friends and family stayed here, we also had stayed here before and have always found it to be clean, comfortable, and spacious. It is located near many attractions so you can park and walk to those and the beach is across Seawall.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Terry C

Reviewed January 10, 2014

First of all, this hotel has super off season rates if you stay Sunday through Thursday. It was by far the best rate for a hotel with a gulf view that we found in Galveston. We had two separate stays at this hotel in December. The first stay, a Sunday night, was a quick stay as we arrived in Galveston. The next day we left and headed an hour west to a little home we rented for a week on the gulf. The second stay, we left the rental home and came back to this hotel for a four night stay in Galveston. The good: rates, friendly staff, good gulf views (side views) from each balcony. Decent breakfast which was kept well stocked during breakfast hours. Lots of breakfast seating. The rooms had plenty of space. Good location with a Kroger just a short walk away and a fishing pier (that costs to use) very close. The not so good: The first night's stay: as I prepared for my shower, I pulled back the shower curtain and up on the shower rod was a very VERY dirty wash cloth all crusty and dried. This made me wonder if the shower had been cleaned at all. The second stay: as my husband turned down his side of the bed, he found pez candy on his pillow. He went down to the lobby to ask for clean sheets which the staff very nicely gave him. As we pulled off the sheets, it looked like a foot print was right in the middle of the sheets as well. As we put on new sheets, my foot bumped against something under the dust ruffle on our bed. An empty diet coke bottle. Nice. During the second stay, as we entered our room and opened the curtains, there were little hand prints all over the glass window. Just things like that that did deter from my enjoyment. We spent a total of five nights in this hotel and the elevators and hallways always had dirt or debris on the floor. I understand that a beach hotel can incur a lot of wear and tear--but I really think that they need to step up their game when it comes to cleanliness. As other reviewers have stated, ask for a room on the east side. All west facing rooms overlook a McDonald's and Popeye's Chicken. You will hear every order that goes through the drive-thru. I would give this hotel another try if we were in the area--if I could get a east facing room.

2  Thank pixiekansas
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Took a trip to Galveston with my hubby and 23 month old son for our daughters 5th birthday. We were looking for inexpensive but nice lodging because we planned on visiting schliterbahn and moody gardens which can be costly. This place fit the bill. We enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast which included waffles, cereal, yogurt, pasteries, muffins, biscuits and gravy, toast, fruit and oatmeal. A little bit of everything for my picky little eaters. The staff was friendly as well. Right across the street from the beach was a plus! I would recommend a room facing east to avoid what another reviewer complained of hearing the mcdonalds drivethru noise. When we arrived we asked if we could have a front room on the 4th or 5th floor facing east and they politely obliged.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Melmic3
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at this property en route to Florida. We arrived later in the evening after a full day of driving. We were very pleased with our very spacious room and the cleanliness of the hotel. Beds were comfortable with nice bedding. Our room had a small balcony-which would be great for longer stays during warmer months. No complaints on the breakfast or dining area. I would not have problems recommending this hotel.

1  Thank kdwait
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Needing a place to stay in Galveston for one night before hopping on a cruise with family, this hotel fit the need quite nicely. The hotel is located on the Galveston seawall. The room has a small balcony from which you can catch a glimpse of the gulf.

The room was very reasonable, hotel was quite clean, staff very friendly/efficient and the room was certainly adequate. Breakfast was typical for this type of hotel but there was plenty of tables and the food was well presented. Port terminal is a short drive away.

Before my arrival, I had read in another review that there was a parking issue. I did not find that to be the case. Yes, there are a limited number of covered spots under the hotel but finding a parking spot in their lot was easy. Reception desk provided me a permit to place on my dashboard.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

1  Thank STM0041
Reviewed December 26, 2013

this was a real treat- hubby and I love jacuzzi rooms and Galveston is really starting to lack in this area-Hubby found this one while googling :) it was the best of both worlds - first the room is clean and spacious , then you have a lovely balcony over looking both the gulf and the city, then most important the tub in the room - it is not quite as big as some (that is why the 4 stars) hubby is 6'
4"- but we still could both fit :0 ,and the breakfast was as good as the others ; though I did find their in room coffee a little better than some hotels the staff was most cheerful and oddly all the other guest were too. okay I should give it a five star rating on the price-

Room Tip: ask for a whirlpool room :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank melodiconway
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I came to Galveston to attend a conference at the nearby convention center. All the rooms at the conference hotels (Hilton, San Luis) were sold out and this was the most affordable hotel that would honor the government rate nearby. It is one block (a five minute walk) to the convention center and across the street from the Seawall. It is centrally located with several good restaurants and beaches in walking distance. The front desk staff was helpful and consistently friendly. The rooms were worn and showing signs of age. I was given a "Suite", which consisted of a half wall, fold out couch, a mini-fridge and microwave and two TVs. I wouldn't call it a suite, but it was fine for sleeping. There was a decent breakfast available in the morning. I wish I would have been in the nicer hotels, but this was fine for a few nights. If you are expecting privacy for a family trip, I would not expect much.

Room Tip: The lower numbers are closer to the beach. All rooms are "partial ocean view, but the ones on...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business