This hotel was an average Quality Inn. The room was pretty spacious and the bed was comfortable. Everything seemed clean (although there was an unpleasant antiseptic “hospital” smell very noticeable in the the hallway), and we like the convenience of the refrigerator and microwave. Breakfast was average. I would probably have given this hotel 4 stars based on comfort of the bed, cleanliness, and easy to find location right on Seawall Blvd.… but there were some problems.
First, my reservation was changed without my knowledge. I reserved a King Suite two months in advance, using the Advance Purchase Rate (non-refundable, no cancellation). A few days before our stay, I received an email reminder. Scanning the reminder, I did not notice that the word “suite” had been removed. When we checked in late in the evening, we were given a standard king room. Arriving in our room, I knew something wasn’t right. But it had been two months since I made the reservation so I thought maybe it was just me and I let it go. However, checking my email confirmations after our return, I saw that the word “suite” which appeared on our initial confirmation had been removed in the email reminder we received. The price was unchanged, though a standard king room should have been cheaper than the suite we reserved. I have no idea how, why, or who changed our reservation.
This is a big deal to me. I reserved and even pre-paid for a particular room, and I expect to get the room I paid for. So that seriously affects my rating. But I might still have gone with 3 stars, because the room was comfortable….Until the morning when I was in the bathroom getting ready to leave, and saw a roach climbing up the wall. Ewww!
The “partial sea view” was quite limited. Check my photos. You have to walk across a large parking lot and then across the street to access the beach. It’s not far, but you should know that the hotel is not directly on the beach and the rooms do not have forward-facing views. You have to sort of scrunch into the corner of the balcony to get a view of the sea… which is beyond the view of the parking lot.
I also include photos of the laundry facility and pool. We did not use these, but if you have an extended stay the laundry can certainly be convenient to have available. The pool is indoors so can be used year round. There is even a limited amount of covered parking if you are lucky enough to snag one of the covered spaces.
The price can vary wildly. We paid a low off-season rate. Just a couple of weeks later, at the end of January, rates were showing on the website more than twice as high. Not sure why they were so elevated that weekend (still off-season), but if your dates are flexible it would be worth your time to check various dates.
I try to be fair in every review, pointing out the good and the bad. The room here was spacious and the bed was comfortable. But given the change of our reserved, pre-paid room and the roach problem, I certainly think this is a case of Buyer Beware!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Award Winning Quality Inn & Suites™ Beachfront hotel Galveston, TX located on the Seawall, adjacent to miles of sandy beaches and offers beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico from our guest room balconies. Newly Installed State of the Art Dual Band WiFi System with a fast 100/20 three ISP Broadband Connection. This hotel is a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner 2014 - 2011 and is just minutes from the great area attractions, such as the new Pleasure Pier with its amusement rides, Moody Gardens, the historic Grand 1894 Opera House, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the Elissa sailing ship, the Strand National Historic Landmark District, 61st Fishing Pier, the Cruise Ship docks, and many restaurants overlooking the Gulf, recreational sailing, fishing and numerous amusement rides. The hotel is also located very close to the Galveston Convention Center. Full-service features and amenities include:• Free high-speed Internet access• Free deluxe continental breakfast• Free coffee in the lobby• Free local calls Guests are invited to take advantage of the exercise room, indoor heated pool. This Galveston, TX hotel offers business travelers access to fax services and competitive corporate rates.All spacious guest rooms have large private balconies with seating, coffee makers, hair dryers, safes, microwaves, mini refrigerators, desks, tables and chairs. Almost every room offers spectacular ocean views. Executive king suites also boast sofa sleepers. Coin-operated laundry facilities are located on the premises for guest convenience.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront hotel is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Galveston, Texas area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn And Suites Galveston
- Quality Inn Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn Galveston
- Galveston Quality Inn