We stayed here in Feb 2010 for two nights and were quite dissappointed. First, I paid on average $150/night (including tax) for a one-bedroom standard suite off-season. The primary reason I booked here was its proximity to the beach, and its gulf-view balconies. Well, the balcony door was broken so we counldn't use it until mid-way through our second day. The place is more like an apartment than a hotel. You have to clean up after yourself before you check out (i.e. take off the linens and put them next to the beds; run the dishwasher, etc.) or else you could be charged an "excessive cleaning fee". The check-in office is extremely hard to find after hours and if you check-in after 5pm you have to get your room key from this safety-deposit box, which is really hard to find in the dark. We were fortunate to find the security guard, who helped us find it. The other negative is that the hotel is away from all the restaurants and attractions. We had to drive 15 minutes to get to Mosquito Cafe for a coffee in the morning. The "hotel" does not have a restaurant or any restaurants within a walking distance. Overall, this place was really expensive for what you get, and I will never stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort offers a wonderfully relaxing experience for couples and families alike. This quiet beachfront resort is located on the Texas Gulf coast south near the historic port city of Galveston. The city is a charming, Victorian-era treasure filled with authentic period architecture and strong echoes of the 1800s. Set away from the bustle of downtown, you'll enjoy villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. All villas feature private balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The heated, outdoor infinity-edge pool and large hot tub offer direct, waterfront beach access and a new recreation area. Kids enjoy half-court basketball, shuffleboard court, beach volleyball and tetherball, while you'll love the fitness center available to guests 24/7 and picnic areas for outdoor dining. A small Marketplace store is available for guest convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston