We stopped here for one night on our way home to Tennessee from a week in San Antonio. The value was great (only $100 for 4, 2 people in a bedroom and 2 people on a pull out couch). There was a full kitchen (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, and 2 burners). Also, there is access to a washer and dryer. The décor was modern and pleasant. The room appeared clean. Many rooms have a view of the ocean. The hotel is located on a quiet, spacious beach (as previous reviewers said, this is ON the beach, unlike almost every other hotel in the town). There are lots of shells washed up on the beach so it would be a great place to bring kids.
We really enjoyed the outdoor pool and hot tub. The pool was modern and well kept. The hot tub was connected to the edge of the pool for easy access to move back and forth between the two.
The only negative thing about our stay was that in the room, several of the light bulbs in the lamps were burned out and there aren’t any overhead lights. Also to be forewarned, this is more of a condo type stay, so don’t expect a maid and fresh towels each day (you can pay extra for this). Overall, I would recommend the Escapes hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort offers a wonderfully relaxing experience for couples and families alike. This quiet beachfront resort is located on the Texas Gulf coast south near the historic port city of Galveston. The city is a charming, Victorian-era treasure filled with authentic period architecture and strong echoes of the 1800s. Set away from the bustle of downtown, you'll enjoy villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. All villas feature private balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The heated, outdoor infinity-edge pool and large hot tub offer direct, waterfront beach access and a new recreation area. Kids enjoy half-court basketball, shuffleboard court, beach volleyball and tetherball, while you'll love the fitness center available to guests 24/7 and picnic areas for outdoor dining. A small Marketplace store is available for guest convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston