Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed at this resort from March 3rd through March the 7th 2014. When we arrived at check in the we were not told were things where or how to get to our room. We didn't like the fact how the location to the office is on the first floor and the elevator is outside in the parking garage you have to bring all your bags up to the first floor to check in. The communication was already not well. When we found our room we opened the door and it seemed very clean but as I walked around to look at things I noticed dust and a piece of hair on the stove top where we would be cooking. I was kind of disappointed but didn't make a huge deal. As we started to cook our dinner later on in the evening I noticed a ROACH around the top of the stove area. I was really disappointed. I killed it of course and didn't make a huge fuss. I also did not want to disappoint my company I was with. She traveled from New York to go to this resort with me for a little vacation. So later on I had rotated the TV so we could see the show while eating our dinner and another ROACH popped out of the back of the TV. I WAS TO THE POINT OF NO NO THIS IS NOT RIGHT. I called down to the office and Victoria the front desk clerk said the maintenance man could come spray our room..... I said are you kidding me I have dinner on our plates and we didn't want toxic spray getting into our food plus we had two 6 year old in the room. I thought that's was very unprofessional. We didn't want that so she offered us a bigger larger room to satisfy us or we could get a refund for that night. Well I certainly wasn't going to leave the hotel traveling from Mesquite Texas!!! So we moved our room and was never offered any help and they never asked if we were ok. I was upset at this point. So we get to our other room where we were moved to like one door down!!!! as we walked in yes it was very nice large and very impressing. As we continue in the room we notice old food stains on the walls in the kitchen from previous quests and it was not cleaned off. Then we saw the ceiling fan was full of dust. The refrigerator had dents all in the front of it the stove at the bottom was rusty. I really thought a place like this would be better kept up with!!! So the next day we go to use our stackable washer dryer in the unit I opened the washer and saw the dispenser for fabric softener was all corroded in side and not cleaned out properly it was very disappointing. We go down to use the pool after the laundry was put in and we come back up to the room and the hall way WAS SOAKED IN WATER IT RAN IN OUR UNIT WATER EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! ALL OVER THE FLOOR!!!!!!! I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT WAS GOING ON!!! I MEAN WATER EVEN RAN INTO OUR LIVING ROOM. So again had to call the office maintenance was sent up to suck out water out of washer and dry up the laundry area but never offered us any help or nothing for our room I was so mad. We had to take an hour to clean up soap water off our floor......they never called to check on us or anything. WE HAD TO GO ACROSS THE HALL WITH CLOTHES SOAKED IN WATER REWASH THEM AND PUT THEM IN ANOTHER MACHINE. VERY VERY UPSET.... we will never be going back to this resort. It was more of a headache to us then a actual peaceful stay. T he beds are comfy very nice set up the beach was private and clean. But because of all the frustration they will never get my business again. I have never been through so many problem on a vacation like that especially in a place like that. BE AWARE THERE ARE ROACHES.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Karen F

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed our trip to Galveston last week. Seawall and the Strand is where my family and I spent most of our time. But to top it all off, our stay at the hotel was awesome. Nice view, clean and spotless rooms, and friendly environment. The Manager and Staff were wonderful and they took care of all our needs. Not only that they had great hospitality, but made us felt at home. I will be coming back for the summer. I would recommend this hotel for anyone when visiting Galveston. Thanks!!!!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ATeelove
Helen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hello and Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay with us. One of our focuses here at our resort is making our resort seem like a home away from home. Thank you again and hope to see you again this summer.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Arrived after a long drive.. The lady at the front desk at check in was nice. We didn't like how you had to go down the elevator outside to get to the lobby. Not good when your wet from a night swim. Especially on a chilly night. On our first night we entered the room and we noticed dust on the stovetop. As the night went on we noticed a bug by the telephone on the kitchen counter and it was a roach. Again didn't say anything but we knew what it was. Second day there we were watching a show in the living room and we rotated the television and we saw a roach running away on the wall. At this point we were a little grossed out. We call down to the front desk and they said they could change our room or said they would refund one night stay. Which she was and trying to help us. She said that maintenance would come up and spray which we didn't like with 2 kids in the room and not mention we had our dinner on our plates ready to eat. We didn't want toxic being sprayed around us. So we decided to switch rooms and here where the down fall came in.....We relocate to a bigger room which appeared to be nice when you first opened the door. Then as you walked around you really saw how the rooms are kept up. Stains on the walls in the kitchen from old food, the ceiling fans were very dusty. The refrigerator had dents in it..also the stove was rusted at the bottom. The tv wasn't working when we turned it on it seemed as if it needed to be re programmed. On the third night we decided to do some laundry so we put a load in while we went down to the spa...come back up and there was water everywhere!!! In the entry way and in our room..it actually went into the room next door. So we call down and the maintenance guy came up cleaned the water up from the entry but left the water on the floor in our room...And he had a shop vac so that really bothered us as to why he didn't suck up the water. Had to take and hour to mop up soap water off kitchen and living room floor. Not acceptable on my vacation, the part that upset us the most is the staff never did a courtesy call to see if we were ok or if we needed anything. One last thing is the stackable washer and dryer were older and the fabric softener dispenser was corroded with old fabric softener that wasn't cleaned out before the new guests arrive in the unit. Over all wasn't good will not return to this location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Marc M

Hello and thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are glad that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Galveston. We are sorry to hear that you experienced some inconveniences during your stay. Quality accommodations, attention to detail, and superior service are top priorities to us so it’s disappointing to see that we may not have met those expectations. We’re all about providing a relaxing vacation experience and encourage all guests to help us in getting them comfortable so their fun can begin. In an attempt to find out more about your specific situation and concerns, we have contacted you through private message. Thank you very much again for your candid feedback and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This resort is just a little off the beaten path And has more privacy than those right in the middle of Galveston. The beachside are very nice and the staff was very helpful. More privacy but still close to everything. The strand is just 5 minutes away. We will definately be back again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank barrywebb
Helen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hello and thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time. I do agree that we are a little removed from the center of Galveston and this makes our resort a great little away without being "away" from everything Galveston has to offer. I do recommend that guests have access to a car to fully enjoy the area. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were flying into Houston (HOU) for a cruise departing out of Port Galveston and we stayed here pre-cruise. We had reservations for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday checking out Sunday. Unfortunately Wednesday, JetBlue cancelled our flight on Thursday and rebooked us 24 hours later because on an inch of snow in Boston (no joke). The staff and management couldn't have been more accommodating in changing our reservation. I was blown away they didn’t charge us for Thursday and they handled all the changes with grace and understanding. Upon arrival we found a wonderful staff, happy to go out of their way to be helpful, we were made to feel welcome right off the bat. We found a spotless one bedroom condo with full kitchen, huge bathroom, big Jacuzzi style soaking tub and extremely comfortable king size bed. Free laundry facilities were right outside our unit. Every aspect of our stay was perfect and very comfortable. Among other things, the property featured a handsome infinity edge swimming pool with steaming hot tub overlooking a clean soft sandy beach. We loved everything about this place and would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If your facing the property from the beach, our room was down the right side of the building. We ha...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steveo978
Helen B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hello, Thank you for completing a review of your stay and the great comments for our staff. We are here to help you have the ability to truly enjoy your vacations. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for a girls weekend. The place is right on the beach. The property is nice and clean, the unit is spacious. Nice large bathroom and small kitchen. Wish the pool was open, since it looks so nice! We will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SoonerMom3

Hello, Thank you for completing a review of our resort. The pool is heated April through June and then again September through December each year. I am glad you enjoyed your room. I hope you are able to come back us in the near future.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We booked a 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen for our family beach trip. The accommodations were clean and spacious. The beds were very comfortable, and bedrooms were quiet. It was wonderful to have a balcony for evening wine sipping and morning coffee. We loved the boardwalk to the beach instead of a hotel across the road from the beach. We traveled with another family and enjoyed the living room for chatting, and served breakfast for 8 people. The kitchen is equipped with a full sized fridge and stove/oven and dishwasher, so its easy to make up the additional cost of even a 2 bedroom unit if you avoid eating out. They have a little game room which was fun for our two families.The kids did a craft, and we all played games for an hour or so, then the girls borrowed a movie to watch before bed. Great family fun! they is the second time I have visited this hotel and the quality was consistent. Recommend highly.

Room Tip: If you want a full kitchen, I think you need to book a king room or 2 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank JSJR

Hello, I am glad you were able to fully utilize your room during your stay. Having a full kitchen is wonderful for families on a budget or if you want to entertain. Thank you for completing a review of your stay and hope to see you again in the near future.