I stayed at this resort from March 3rd through March the 7th 2014. When we arrived at check in the we were not told were things where or how to get to our room. We didn't like the fact how the location to the office is on the first floor and the elevator is outside in the parking garage you have to bring all your bags up to the first floor to check in. The communication was already not well. When we found our room we opened the door and it seemed very clean but as I walked around to look at things I noticed dust and a piece of hair on the stove top where we would be cooking. I was kind of disappointed but didn't make a huge deal. As we started to cook our dinner later on in the evening I noticed a ROACH around the top of the stove area. I was really disappointed. I killed it of course and didn't make a huge fuss. I also did not want to disappoint my company I was with. She traveled from New York to go to this resort with me for a little vacation. So later on I had rotated the TV so we could see the show while eating our dinner and another ROACH popped out of the back of the TV. I WAS TO THE POINT OF NO NO THIS IS NOT RIGHT. I called down to the office and Victoria the front desk clerk said the maintenance man could come spray our room..... I said are you kidding me I have dinner on our plates and we didn't want toxic spray getting into our food plus we had two 6 year old in the room. I thought that's was very unprofessional. We didn't want that so she offered us a bigger larger room to satisfy us or we could get a refund for that night. Well I certainly wasn't going to leave the hotel traveling from Mesquite Texas!!! So we moved our room and was never offered any help and they never asked if we were ok. I was upset at this point. So we get to our other room where we were moved to like one door down!!!! as we walked in yes it was very nice large and very impressing. As we continue in the room we notice old food stains on the walls in the kitchen from previous quests and it was not cleaned off. Then we saw the ceiling fan was full of dust. The refrigerator had dents all in the front of it the stove at the bottom was rusty. I really thought a place like this would be better kept up with!!! So the next day we go to use our stackable washer dryer in the unit I opened the washer and saw the dispenser for fabric softener was all corroded in side and not cleaned out properly it was very disappointing. We go down to use the pool after the laundry was put in and we come back up to the room and the hall way WAS SOAKED IN WATER IT RAN IN OUR UNIT WATER EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!! ALL OVER THE FLOOR!!!!!!! I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT WAS GOING ON!!! I MEAN WATER EVEN RAN INTO OUR LIVING ROOM. So again had to call the office maintenance was sent up to suck out water out of washer and dry up the laundry area but never offered us any help or nothing for our room I was so mad. We had to take an hour to clean up soap water off our floor......they never called to check on us or anything. WE HAD TO GO ACROSS THE HALL WITH CLOTHES SOAKED IN WATER REWASH THEM AND PUT THEM IN ANOTHER MACHINE. VERY VERY UPSET.... we will never be going back to this resort. It was more of a headache to us then a actual peaceful stay. T he beds are comfy very nice set up the beach was private and clean. But because of all the frustration they will never get my business again. I have never been through so many problem on a vacation like that especially in a place like that. BE AWARE THERE ARE ROACHES.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort offers a wonderfully relaxing experience for couples and families alike. This quiet beachfront resort is located on the Texas Gulf coast south near the historic port city of Galveston. The city is a charming, Victorian-era treasure filled with authentic period architecture and strong echoes of the 1800s. Set away from the bustle of downtown, you'll enjoy villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. All villas feature private balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The heated, outdoor infinity-edge pool and large hot tub offer direct, waterfront beach access and a new recreation area. Kids enjoy half-court basketball, shuffleboard court, beach volleyball and tetherball, while you'll love the fitness center available to guests 24/7 and picnic areas for outdoor dining. A small Marketplace store is available for guest convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston